Apm 2.0 - 2.5.4 Setup

I am currently having some issues with a quad, so I have a few questions that weren't answered in the manual.

My previous setup was using a KK type board.  I was flying in an x config, so I configured my wing-type as elevron.  Is this required for ArduCopter?

Due to some devices on my quad causing it to not be level, is there a way to turn off the auto level feature so I can set it as level once and never have it reset?

I have been flying 2.5.3 with no issues, on upgrade to 2.5.4 my quad rotates the 15 degrees in yaw on take off.

I think this issue has something to do with leveling the craft but flight in stabilize mode is anything but stable.  2.5.3 was fine, but 2.5.4 is all over the place, to maintain stability I have to add some elevator and roll to keep it level.  I think this is due to an inability to level properly.  In the AM I will remove the board, level it, and see if I can keep it powered and try a flight with it.

Any suggestions or advice would help.  Thanks,

Rick

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have the same problem with APM1 v1.4 board. There was 0 wind outside and even then my quad wouldn't like to fly level. Was really jumpy and strange altough i had the same pid settings as with 2.5.3.

Did a rollback to 2.5.3 and its flying fine.

• the roll/pitch channels from the tx should be plain roll and pitch with no mixes, the software handles the mixing for each motor.

with regards levelling the board, it needs to be in the frame with whatever "devices on my quad causing it to not be level" - really youre levelling the motors, i have done this a few times using a spirit level on the prop spinners.  it doesnt matter (within reason) that the APM isnt 100% aligned with the frame, but it must have the same error when levelling and flying.  if you have the chance to fly with no wind the auto trim mode seems to be the best option - hold the ARM position for 20 seconds then fly manually for a minute trying to maintain position.

as for setting level and forgetting it, it wont change much from flight to flight but over time error does creep in.  i really dont know why.

james

This reply was deleted.

Activity