I recently received a ArduPilot Mega 2.5 and have had some issues getting it to work correctly. 
Firstly I plugged it into USB and when it first ran it had the default test menus in the serial terminal. I proceeded to upload new firmware using the Mission planner 1.2.11 (ArduCopter V2.7.3 Quad to be specific). The firmware uploaded without error and I can access the CLI interface. When I try to connect through the connect button in Mission Planner, it stalls at "Already Got param STAB_D" or "ACRO_P" or similar messages
Then I get the "Connect Failed" with the details of:
Timeout on read - getParamList
Received:241 of 245 after 6 retrys
I've tried the other firmwares available and they all stall at a similar message. 
Another thing I've noticed is when I try to run test -> ins through the CLI interface, it does not show me anything except for:
"Hit Enter to exit.
InertialSensor"
Then does nothing indefinitely, so I can't read the IMU data through the CLI interface. After I did this, I soldered some pins onto UART2 to test if UART0 and UART2 were streaming serial correctly, and they both stream numbers at 115200 baud correctly without error.  
I've only soldered the jumper pins and 4 pins for UART2/+5/GND onto the entire board and have kept the device in the static bag up until I used it, so I cant imagine any hardware damage has happened since arrival a few days ago. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? 

Views: 9472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eduardo: Please contact tech support at help@3drobotics.com and they can evaluate whether you need a RMA.

Yup, already did. They think it is a possible hardware problem since it is failing tests. Now I'm waiting on a shipping label.

You sir, are my hero!  I was at the point of RMAing my board (that used to work perfectly) when I changed my comm port from 6 to 15.  Before I was getting garbage on the CLI and the board would not connect.  Could not even update the firmware.

Changing it to COM15 worked a charm!

Still having trouble getting the logs, but at least it connects now!

Thank you thank you thank you!

hello,

i have a problem with my apm2.5
i connected my apm with >5v

mavlink from usb and telemetry can't conected

but FBW and manual mode is normal

how to fix to conect mavlink?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service