APM 2.5 Obstacle avoidance help

I am working on a school project to test out different sensors doing obstacle avoidance using the APM 2.5 on a hexacopter. I have spent days searching for info on this subject and have come up with very little. I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on procedures to implement it, links to recent code used, and any other pointers. I have been struggling with this for some time and my University is pressuring me for results. Any help would be appreciated. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Why not use an external micro controller to control APM? APM will never have enough processing power for your project. Besides, if you don't even know how to start, your learning curve will be rather steep, or you have chosen the wrong approach.

• Ok that is something that I had put under possibilities but had seen other projects where it seemed like they were able to process it on the apm(just sometimes could be slow). I'm just trying to look for any feedback from people with more experience and haven't gotten much from the posts I have put up after long frustrating searches for information on the subject.

This reply was deleted.

Activity