Has anyone successfully used the APM2.5 (or other APM) with the cheaper NEO-6M ublox gps ?

Did you need any modifications to the source code ?

Thx !

Views: 136440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Regarding the NEO-6M....

I used the SparkFun FTDI Programmer and took the +5V right from the USB to power the GPS and it programmed fine with 3DR.txt.

No problems, no issues, worked immediately.

I also have the 3DR LEA-6, that worked OOTB.

Where did you find the 3DR.txt file?  All the links I've found to it are broken and lead to an error page rather than the file. Thanks

Hello,

I just checked my pc and found these files for the gps.

I flashed my Ublox Neo with this file and it worked fine.

Attachments:

Thank you!

let me know if they work, i have a copy as well.  ;-)

This is the correct file for the neo6 sets proper baud refresh and to 10hz update etc etc

CN-06v2.0_(NEO-6M_u-blox_6)_APM+MPNG_config.txt

Attachments:

plus no error message , remember to check mem  then save config as-well and then confirm via the viewer config opt 

Do not use the 3dr file on the neo6, on my post below i attached the correct file for the neo6, there are 2 major changes first no error when loading, second the 3dr sets hz to 4k this file sets it to 10k also for the profile the 3dr file sets to airborne mode and that optimizes for fast moving units the the file below sets to pedestrian mode and that works far better for a loitering quad "less jumpy". this file was made over in the ardupirats group. I've tried both and the file below way out performs the 3dr file in a quad, in a fast moving plane tho the 3dr file would be better optimized. 

This file is a NEO-6 version of 3DR-Ublox.txt

It was configured from scratch on a stock u-blox NEO-6M GPS, so shouldn't cause the errors seen using the 3DR LEA-6 version.

Like the original, it enables only the features needed by ArduPilot (Mega) / MegaPirate (NG) etc, minimising the overhead of both sending unused messages to, and processing them on, your flight controller.

Key settings:

• Protocol set to ublox (binary)
  • NMEA child messages disabled
  • UBX > NAV: POSLLH, STATUS, VELNED enabled
  • UBX >CFG > SBAS : disabled
  • Measurement Period to 100ms (this gives a 10 Hz position update)
  • Filter to pedestrian (for more stable hover)
  • Baud rate is 38,400 (for compatibility with the default settings of most controllers). You can change this after applying the configuration if you prefer.

I recommend enabling "Autobauding" on the "Receiver" menu in u-center, as this will switch baud in u-center if your GPS is not currently set to 38,400 and it changes during uploading of the configuration.

Apply this configuration file with "Tools > GPS Configuration" in u-center, set retries to 2 (to let autobauding catch up), and select File >> GPS. Then "Receiver > Action" and click "Save Config" to commit it.

If you ever want to reset to the default configuration (perhaps to use with a flight controller that doesn't support the ublox protocol), click on the "View > Configuration View" menu, click "CFG (Configuration)", Select "Revert to default configuration", then click "Send".

ref to the original   http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1177.0

Attachments:

Maybe a bit off-topic but might help.

My Blogpost regarding a 3D printable Mount for the Crius PCB.

LINK

Hello Chris,

I am a bit confused.

Should I use the Attachment or the 3DR-Ublox.txt - Link you give us?

I am using: Neo-6m

Use the one i attached do not use 3dr file regardless if you have a neo or a lea..if your flying a multi-rotor use the attached file a plane needs to use the 3dr file

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service