Has anyone successfully used the APM2.5 (or other APM) with the cheaper NEO-6M ublox gps ?

Did you need any modifications to the source code ?

Thx !

Views: 136572

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Adriano,

Have you installeed drivers for FTDI USB<->SERIAL on Windows?( Drivers page )

Roman,

1) Upload NM_CRIUS_UBLOX_NEO6_config.txt to your GPS NEO 6.

2) Rebuild your AC 3.0-rc4 with this AP_GPS_UBLOX.cpp modified file.

3) Try to fly ;)

Good luck!

I had few successfull flights on quad with my modification and I can say loiter became more stable to me.

Hi Christian,

Here is the connection diagram with color of wires on my CRIUS CN-06

[GPS side]               [FTDI side]

GND --------black-------- GND

RXD <------green--------- TXD

TXD --------yellow------> RXD

VCC--------red-------------VCC

Please note: colors of your CRIUS cable may differ from my one. Please refer to pins assignment label at CRIUS board.

Thanks, I got a white instead of yellow, is it the same?

Ps: I'm using a regular USB cable

Adriano,

You should NOT connect to USB directly! You should use USB to SERIAL TTL converter based on FTDI chip.

Thanks, do you have some links from where I can source all this material?

Hi Christian,

which config file do you mean? What I know, I always check, whether is SBAS configured for EGNOS and I leave there in configuration just first three relevant EGNOS satellite because that fourth one in from my locacation invisible. R.

Here is:

FTDI Basic Breakout - 5V from SparkFun or FTDI Cable 3.3V from 3drobotics.

Thanks very kind, how do I connect is USB to ? And the chip from ? To ?

Sorry I'm really new to this stuff

Hey guys,

I tried using these files from this thread with NEO-6m and APM 2.5. I'm also using firmware 2.9.1b. When i use loiter mode my quad sometimes towels in a direction like the gps is telling the apm its position has changed drastically. I also live in europe and this GPS cant use galileu satellites. I didnt had this problem when i used LEA-6H with MPNG

Attachments:

Hi Goncalo,

Please try to use this modified files:

1) Upload NM_CRIUS_UBLOX_NEO6_config.txt to your GPS NEO 6.

2) Rebuild your AC_2.9.1b ~ AC_3.0-rc5 with this AP_GPS_UBLOX.cpp modified file.

It shows much better performance to me.

Would be great to get some feedback from you.

so i have to program my APM with arduino right? Never done that although it must be easier comparing to MPNG. Does the NEO keep its setting if it looses the battery? I just have t put AP_GPS_UBLOX_cpp on the libraries? Is that file safe to use? Did you experience that toweling movent after loitering for a bit?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service