Has anyone successfully used the APM2.5 (or other APM) with the cheaper NEO-6M ublox gps ?

Did you need any modifications to the source code ?

Thx !

Views: 136519

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe new diydrones gps with magnetometar is better and cheaper choice,it didn exist when i bought this one few monts ago...only problem is i cant find that one in 3DR store at the moment

can anyone tell the light code of the ublox neo 6m i got a flashing red light? 

i can't change the gps setting, my pc say unknown usb device, i install the drivers too, but nothing i need help please

Adriano,

Flashing red means you got 3D lock or "fix ok". Solid red means no lock. Led behaviour is opposite to mtk gps.

For your connection problem:

Can you give more information? How did you connect gps board to pc? What kind of ftdi cable, what OS?

Regards Jani

Thanks for the info about the lights code, as for the connection I use win xp and I made a ftdi from a USB cable I change the USB port with female pins. Could be that?

adriano

how did you do the FTDI cable? 

I will post a pic later, basically I cut the USB and clip female pin on each wire
Here is the cable that I done
Attachments:

I'm pretty sure you can not do that.. FTDI changes the USB protocol to serial i think.. Without that circuit it wont work

the ftdi cable is arrived today but still not luck this is the error code that i got when i try to flash my gps, anyone can direct me on the right direction?

thanks

Attachments:

Nobody got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

can someone tell the pinout colour code to connect the ftdi cable to the gps? because i believe that's he first thing i'm wrong

thank you 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service