Hello,

after setup the heli with the APM 2.6,I tried to run my nitro machine.

The motor didn't work for about 5 years, but works nice afte some minutes.

I only have a problem with the throttle control.

I made a small movie, you can see the problem.

The radio does not change the throttle. The radio has a prop channel with potentiometer input.

I set the throttle servo position to about half and then you can see what happens without moving the slider potentiometer.

The nitro machine is off in the video.

The APM is not armed.

Here a short video link: http://www.vidup.de/v/bNYaT/

Here a little longer video link: http://www.vidup.de/v/2zurK/

Is this a parameter fault? I still have default parameter setup.

The parameter list is included.

Armin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,

got a new SBEC with 5.25 V and 7 A output, working well for the servos. Use the old BEC with 5.3 V and 3 A for the APM.

Have installed a 3 S Lipo with 3000 mAh.

Have a new Transmitter: Taranis X9D-Plus, only waiting for the six-position switch for the flight mode.

Still have little problem with the gas servo. It's oscillating in every position, not armed in ground position and armed in every set position. It is not moving to ground position as in the video.

I use the D8R-II Plus receiver from frsky flashed to D8R-XP with 27 ms Period time. With the Taranis I use the CPPM signal to input 1 (2 and 3 shorted).

Anybody an idea?

Is it possible that I destroyed my gas servo, with the settings in the video?

Regards

Armin

• Nearly one day lost for nothing. The bec's are not finally installed and were next to one of the 2g4 atennas, the influence is terrible.

Now checking the taranis telemetrie, which is not working in the moment, but already did with the old transmitter and the fld-02 screen.

Preparing for the first flight, the weather schould become better end of next week.

Regards

Armin

• Armin,  Are you powering the servo's of the LiFe battery also.  I just have never seen such low voltage on my battery.  I start with 6.67 and after 2 hours of running the flight controller I have like 6.56.

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

• David, yes I do. But today I ordered a new 3s LiPo 3000 mAh to power all.

And a 7 A / 5.25 V SBEC for the servos.

Regards

Armin

• @David,

I took mainly your parameters, should be better than parameters from any default. I'll look for a parameter setup how to.

My throttle / gas servo is now only moving in armed mode. It's going same as my prop channel position and don't move any more crazy.

I have one more question: I use a 2s LiFePo flight battery with min. 5 V and max 7,2 V. Is this voltage too low for the power modul? I have only 4.7 V on the APM / receiver power rails. JP 1 is not in use, so separate power supply for APM and servos. The power modul should be set to 5.3 V normally. I cannot find any description with minimum voltage supply, there is only max. voltage written.

A lot of things to test and setup, but thats our hobby isn't.

Next I will also install a RPM measuring with a small arduino pro mini and openXsensor software. I already tested with my frsky telemetrie receiver.

Regards

Armin

• Armin,  I use a LiFePo 2 cell for my power module without problems.  It's a 2100Mah and it will run the Pixhawk, receiver, GPS, and telemetry for 2 hours easy if not longer.  Servo rail is powered by a BEC set at 5.7 volts.

Be careful with my parameters.  Everything effects them.  Headspeed, servo's and servo geometry, weight, type of blades, and even if you are using an APM or Pixhawk.  I had to change my Throttle Accel parameters when I switched from an APM to a Pixhawk.  I think it has something to do with how fast the Flight controller processes everything but I am not sure. Your biggest problem will be isolating your APM from the vibrations caused by the combustion motor.  Mine is electric so my vibrations are easily managed.  Good luck and take it slow

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

• David, you're using a 2S LiFE pack through the power module to power the flight controller?  This is not recommended.  When the battery voltage drops below... I think it was 6.4V, the output of the PM regulator is undefined.  You may be getting away with it, but it's below specification.  I wouldn't risk it.  Use a 3S battery minimum, or go to an extremely low drop-out regulator.  That's what I do.  Mine will supply stable 5V down to 5.1V input. 

• Thanks, that is what i thought. The LiFePo voltage goes down to minimum 5 V, depending on the dropout voltage the controller has too low voltage. My power modul has a high dropout voltage, with charged LiFePo I get maximum 4.9 V for the controller. I will change to 3s too.

Regards

Armin

• Its my understanding, maybe I'm wrong, that a LiFePo ( 2 cell ) should give 6.6 volts until it is nearly dead.  Its not like other batteries that slowly lose voltage as the charge is used up.

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

• Rob,  Thanks for the heads up.  I will get a 3s tomorrow.

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

This reply was deleted.

Activity