APM all-in

Ok so my lil Easystar is getting a little bigger.
Initial configuration:
APM, Oilpan, MediaTek GPS, R617FS receiver, eTronix ESC, Hacker A30-16M
Elevons and rudder servos
Landing wheels (used but untested - head first landings so far :D)

After some flight testing, idiocy and problems, I have changed the setup. Nothing mental just more normal for DIY drones easystar.
APM, Oilpan, MediaTek GPS, MPXV7002DP airspeed sensor, Xbee, eTronix ESC, Tornado Revolution BM400
Elevons and rudder servos
Landing wheels (maybe I'll land on them now)

My new motor (higher kV rating) should allow easier flight, flight control and more.
Airspeed sensor should help in autonomous mode (as well as getting settings correct).
Xbee should help me find it when it goes wayward (plus it looks cool :D)

Obviously the new gear needs testing before I get funky so here are a few inquiries.
Is anybody else using a similar setup and flying?
Why are the pitot tubes placed above one another if they are differential surely the difference would be negliable?
Mr Premerlani has done a fantastic job with the wind estimation without an airspeed sensor (I even have a doodle page devoted to it) but how can wind estimation be done with an airspeed sensor?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• if you have the air speed sensor why are you estimating it ?
  • 3D Robotics
    That's pretty much exactly my setup, minus the wheels. Wind estimation is coming in the next version of the APM code. I just place my pitot tubes next to each other for convenience (one hole in the fuselage).
This reply was deleted.

Activity