APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

Views: 99887

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Figured out that calibrating is working, though the prompts between positioning the machine is missing.
After hitting button 6 times with correct movements of machine the "complete" message appears. 

Anybody else with the same experience?

Thanks Dave for this test!
Please report this issue also to the dev list.
Many of these I have already mentioned, especially the repositioning of the Loiter with this lag effect.

see my comment above,,,That is something that we are working on. In the meantime you open up the console window in the help screen you can watch the messages there.

Redid the calibration, but still drops fast when I try fly forward and climbs when I fly backward.

I played around this weekend with the latest code on my qav500 (apm2.5), what a treat !

Alt-hold is absolutely great for me esp after tweaking TC abit, but I'm not seeing the drop I used to see when switching out of it in 2.9.1. Great stuff!

Loiter was spot-on ! Even pirrouetting in moderate winds was solid, when it was calm the thing practically hovered motionless wk-m style ;) But I do agree with David that the speed in which you change position is too slow, any way to tune that in params ?

I even tried some Auto missions, it was abit tricky loading the WPs but it worked the third time I tried it. Despite needing alot of tuning still for this mode (its way to aggressive when changing direction after a waypoint is reached but its moving like a snail inbetween WPs) it flew reasonably good follwing the course reaching all WPs very accurately.

Finally, I tried a few RTLs all with great accuracy (esp when its calm), I only noticed that sometimes it wouldn't yaw to face home. I only noticed this when triggering RTL pretty close from home position (10-20m) but it happened twice. I'll check the logs for compass interference but it seems strange that when I triggered RTL further away it faced home correctly.

Thanks everyone for making this possible, this project has come a really long way but I feel its very close to where it wants to be !

Thanks to hard working dev. team and test pilots for up coming 2.9.2 or 3.0 :-)

I have tried 2.9.1b-dev (c067fa2660b3f9eb6737bcae34b60c42963f2924) to identify the issue(?) of 3dr power module that happen to me sudden crash with 2.9.1b. Another phenomena is coming up that the shoot out after auto landing. Actually, the assignment of mode switch may not be good. Switch off the auto_land brought back to previous mode. ArduCopter might remember the previous altitude after it come to auto_land mode.

I notice the exact same thing, very shaky when changing waypoint. But inter-waypoint course is just fine. Loiter is very strong now.

About RTL mine never face home when coming back. I think there's a parameter in the list about this behaviour, but not sure. It is called WP_YAW_BEHAVIOUR.

Yes, with "WP_YAW_BEHAVIOUR" you can set the yaw interaction during Auto and RTL.
About the "shaky effect when changing waypoint" and even when the quad reaches the home i know, I have already reported it to Randy and Leonard.

I have this problem on all of my machines, even when I've loaded the backend with weight to see if that helps.

It's in my latest video above, and Randy and Leonard know about it. 

I have a small quad with diydrones regular motors and 4S 3300 on a small light quad that I only use for FPV and I've never seen that. I hit 40kmh going forward and never seen an altitude drop while in Alt Hold which is about the only way I fly now. Going backwards I've never tried. I'm using 2.9.1b with upgraded PPM. Maybe I'm not noticing it because I'm not flying close to the ground but according to minimOSD, the altitude is staying steady.

Please excuse me if this has been answered before.  Has the idea of having OSD video out from the APM ever been discussed for future releases perhaps?

Thanks Dave, glad I'm not alone. I tuned the some of the Alt Hold parameters and managed to reduce the effect, but for some reason it was really noticeable after a full reset.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service