Yea, I'm aware of WP_YAW_BEHAVIOUR which worked fine for me as long as the RTL was not triggered close (a few meters) from home.
In any case, I was seeing a significant magnetic interference in the logs so I shuffled components abit and will try again.
Also, I switched the cc3d out of my microquad for a px4 running -dev branch and see how the code runs there. Daily commits are fun, thanks devs ;)
I pray every volunteer testers to leave your feedback about the version 3.0.0.rc1 available only for expert users on GitHub (downloadable here), you can interact and leaving your comments in this discussion but of course, first update your APM, calibrate manually the compass and declination, try it and post your impression!
Remember: there's safety system on V3, you can't arm the motors if you compass or accelerometers value are wrong or out of range!
In the first post there's my parameters.
Marco, I assume it does not stop motors in the flight anymore? Just do not want to sacrifice all booms and props again on the FPV Y6.
Yes Craig, thanks for the advice, I'm trying to recruit some experienced users for refresh the testers group because the current ones are testing too little, and then when you release the problems are always too many.
I specifically asked to report any problems on the discussion list, not on GitHub.
Ops, re-reading what I wrote I just expressed myself badly, I did not mean I would say to put comments on GitHub, sorry, now stand corrected!
No worries. Thanks for all your great work Marco!!
When will the V3 be out for the likes of me please,your's Marty.
thank you to the developers
I uploaded 2.9.1.b, but I have some problem with my hexa. Stabilized mode is very smooth, but loiter is very wobblish. I tried to tune the params, but without success. Bigger problem when I switched to RTL and the hexa approached the starting point it tilt to the right and went away. I had to switch back to stabilize to save my hexa.
Here is my log file maybe somebody can help me what is wrong.
after upgrading my firmware from 2.8.1 to 2.9.1b on my APM1 , the altitude_hold does not work any more. I am using the XL-MaxSonar EZ0. I want only to fly near the ground with a maximum height of 3m. In 2.8.1 firmware I was able to achieve this very precisely (error ~ 5cm). Now with the new 2.9.1b firmware the ArduCopter altitude_hold is not precise any more. for example when i hold ArduCopter 1 meter above the ground, the altitude value in Mission Planner is jumping over the time. Even after disabling the sonar the height measurement is still worse than in older version of firmware. I found it more practical to keep the sonar for low level altitude_hold (4 meter) while using the pressure sensor for higher level.