APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

Views: 99907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not that you devs have any time leftover for pleasure, but just in case here's a video of AC3rc1.5 loitering in gusty winds without XY tuning on my 450 quad. I gave it a +.5 since I compiled after the first few additions after rc1... you guys are too quick :P.  It's a long and boring video... such is life with a perfect loiter... I added music to get you through, mixed with motor noise so you can hear it crank up when the wind blows hard (and watch on your mobile ;) ).

Enjoy!

I believe that 3.0 won't arm if you've not done all the calibrations. Maybe you missed one? Compass or level perhaps?

"I added music to get you through...."

And thats the reason why you can´t watch this Video in Germany....

Hi Rick,I had a heavy landing,but not that hard,but I had to do a relevel again to get V3 rc1 to arm,Marty.

Apologies to those across the pond. Almost an hour after I uploaded I still could view it on my phone, which usually indicates YT filters didn't catch the music. In this case YT sent a delayed email telling me it found the music, but oddly enough it still plays on my phone. I try and mix the prop noise enough to disturb YT filters, but it only works about 1/2 the time... for example my last 2 videos uploaded at the same time, both with CRP music & prop noise, one was filtered and the other was not. I wish I had local software to pretest the audio for YT filtering before I upload. :P

Nice link Michael! ;)

Back OT...

Couldn't wait to get my hands on the 3.0 RC1, so...

Loaded it onto my brand new TBS Discovery with APM2.5, Ublox and 3DR power module.
Calibrated everything, enabled some logs and ready.

Some final checks and the TBS was airborne.

Very smooth and stable flight (stock PID)
Stabilize: check
Alt hold: has the tendency to climb a bit but still need to get my throttle mid point set. I saw in the logs that my throttle cruise was around 620 (will raise my throttle mid)
Loiter: same as alt hold of course but rock solid. Moved it a bit around a grips back in the air.
Yaw rate is perfect.

I noticed that the RAW log is not there anymore and I guess it is replaced by IMU (correct?).

Just had a flight of a couple of minutes to get the feel but this release looks very promising.
Can't wait to do some more testing.
Nice work !!!

Small remark:
Since the last release of mission planner 1.2.48 it is extremely slow on a windows 7 pc.
I could not load the firmware onto my APM as it timed out. I had to switch to my pc with XP to get it working.
Previous releases worked flawless even on win7.
Any thoughts on this how to fix or solve?

Thank you

I've been getting that too. According to a MAVLink message it sends out at the end of this process, it's erasing EEPROM logs.

Played around some more with 2.9.1b settings today and ended up with a very stable loiter even in strong gusty wind conditions so no need to go back to 2.8.1! I also haven't upgraded the gps firmware yet, so very impressed.

Thanks for the perseverance suggestion Craig!

Could you please share your PID (parameters)?

I want to have also a stable loiter in 2.9.1b. On my case, on only 3-4 flight from 10 Loiter is stable, 6-7 are unstabled Loiter, for the same PID. Wind could be a factor also. Is not GPS. GPSMediaTek  is upgraded to 1.9. I am back now to 2.8.1 but I prefere 2.9.1b for real alt hold and INav. Loiter in 2.8.1 looks OK with the same quad, not any go far erratic in loiter. Not the same in 2.9.1b for me...

Glad to hear you got it tuned.  You will be very happy

should i try AC3.0rc1 or AC 2.9.1b...

which better from ur experience

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service