Just wondering if a simple serial data logger, like an open log, work with APM. .. would backup the log in an micro sd.
Heeu yes and what means HAL ?
Hardware Abstraction Layer. Its a small software layer that allows the same code to run the APM2.5+ and the PX4, even though hardware is different. It's a common software engineering paradigm see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_abstraction
thx Bill for the explanation
RC 2 is there! I've flashed it yesterday but hat no real chance to test it. Just a 1 minute flight in the rain.
Loiter and Althold performed very well.
Somebody else who tested it already?
Ah, yes. I forgot to put a notice here!
1) smoother transition to waypoints, loiter:
reduced loiter max acceleration to smooth waypoints
bug fix to uninitialised roll/pitch when entering RTL, AUTO, LOITER
2) fast waypoints - copter does not stop at waypoints unless delay is specified
3) WPNAV_LOIT_SPEED added to allow faster/slower loiter repositioning
4) removed speed limits on auto missions
5) enhance LAND mission command takes lat/lon coordinates
6) bug fix for RTL not pointing home sometimes
7) centrifugal correction disabled when copter is disarmed to stop HUD moving
8) centrifugal correction disabled when sat count less than 6 (AHRS_GPS_MINSATS)
9) compass calibration reliability improvements when run from mission planner
10) bug fix to allow compassmot to be run from mission planner terminal screen
11) add support for H-quad frame
12) add COMPASS_ORIENT parameter to support external compass in any orientation
Hi Randy, great work!
I will try the new release on my old APM1 2560, the default beta installation works, (3.0rc1) but when I make a sensor test all stopped.
I have to set the default IMU to APM1, because the release 3.0 use APM2-2.5 as default, and ask to set HAL for APM1.
How may I define APM1 and Oilpan (baro, etc) in the code, I suppose with arduino in Config.h?
I was just editing the 3.0 code to reverse the motors and noticed the H frame options with it already done!. Must have missed that.
Cant decide if I should give it a try or wait for final release. Any big gotchas in rc2?
Hi Randy, does tuning down stab P rates help to eliminate possibility of
d) Leonard's stability patch to remove the situation where over-powered or over-tuned copters climb into the sky (long standing issue since 2.8.1).
happening? That is for over-tuned copters.
I am new to this forum and new to quadcopters in general. I have been having an absolute blast building my quad an following advice to the many dedicated people on this forum. Hey, reducing variation in Zacc is my obsession!!!
But this forum topic is dedicated to release 2.9.1.b . Now reading this forum on this subject gives me 2 observations:
1; WIndows 8 is an absolute success compared to the performance of 2.9.1.b. I mean there may be a couple of thousand people that have not had a single problem. But we read about the people that have had a problem because those that are happy do not care to complain and are happy flying while those with a problem are rebuilding..... makes it a difficult situation...
2: Seems release 3 is in the works. Why is this buried in the 2.9.1.b forum?? Set up a separate topic...
Even the limited I read about release 3 seems it is better that 2.9.1.b at this point of development. Is this just the vocal minority who have problems?? I do not know....