APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

Views: 99894

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi.

Just wondering if a simple serial data logger, like an open log, work with APM.  .. would backup the log in an micro sd.

Heeu yes and what means HAL ?

Hardware Abstraction Layer. Its a small software layer that allows the same code to run the APM2.5+ and the PX4, even though hardware is different. It's a common software engineering paradigm see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_abstraction

thx Bill for the explanation

RC 2 is there! I've flashed it yesterday but hat no real chance to test it. Just a 1 minute flight in the rain.

Loiter and Althold performed very well.

Somebody else who tested it already?

Ah, yes.  I forgot to put a notice here!

I've added AC3.0-rc2 (release candidate 2) into the old downloads area and it's also available via GitHub and through the Mission Planner's Firmware screen's "Beta firmwares" link.
Improvements  over3.0.0-rc1:
1) smoother transition to waypoints, loiter:
reduced loiter max acceleration to smooth waypoints
bug fix to uninitialised roll/pitch when entering RTL, AUTO, LOITER
2) fast waypoints - copter does not stop at waypoints unless delay is specified
3) WPNAV_LOIT_SPEED added to allow faster/slower loiter repositioning
4) removed speed limits on auto missions
5) enhance LAND mission command takes lat/lon coordinates
6) bug fix for RTL not pointing home sometimes
7) centrifugal correction disabled when copter is disarmed to stop HUD moving
8) centrifugal correction disabled when sat count less than 6 (AHRS_GPS_MINSATS)
9) compass calibration reliability improvements when run from mission planner
10) bug fix to allow compassmot to be run from mission planner terminal screen
11) add support for H-quad frame
12) add COMPASS_ORIENT parameter to support external compass in any orientation
     All feedback welcome.
     By the way, things that still need to be resolved before the final release include:
          a) ensure we can solve all tester's toilet-bowling
          b) Scale Z-axis time constants if inertial nav + baro diverge too much
          c) more smoothing of waypoint transitions
          d) Leonard's stability patch to remove the situation where over-powered or over-tuned copters climb into the sky (long standing issue since 2.8.1).
          e) dataflash is erasing logs unnecessarily sometimes (fixed in master with appear in rc3)

Hi Randy, great work!

I will try the new release on my old APM1 2560, the default beta installation works, (3.0rc1) but when I make a sensor test all stopped.

I have to set the default IMU to APM1, because the release 3.0 use APM2-2.5 as default, and ask to set HAL for APM1.

How may I define APM1 and Oilpan (baro, etc) in the code, I suppose with arduino in Config.h? 

Thanks.

Mike

I was just editing the 3.0 code to reverse the motors and noticed the H frame options with it already done!. Must have missed that.

Good news.

Cant decide if I should give it a try or wait for final release. Any big gotchas in rc2?

Hi Randy
I tested RC1 for about three days
Worked perfectly. In RC2 (5 flights) RTL is stop and go movement back to home with throttle pulses. Have followed exactly the same procedures I did when testing RC 1. Anything I can look at?

Thanks very much Jeff

Hi Randy,  does tuning down stab P rates help to eliminate possibility of

d) Leonard's stability patch to remove the situation where over-powered or over-tuned copters climb into the sky (long standing issue since 2.8.1).

happening?  That is for over-tuned copters.

Thanks!

Some more info if it helps. I did my Accel calibration in Terminal. Didn't know if that would affect anything.

I am new to this forum and new to quadcopters in general.  I have been having an absolute blast building my quad an following advice to the many dedicated people on this forum.  Hey, reducing variation in Zacc is my obsession!!!

But this forum topic is dedicated to release 2.9.1.b .  Now reading this forum on this subject gives me 2 observations:

1; WIndows 8 is an absolute success compared to the performance of 2.9.1.b.  I mean there may be a couple of thousand people that have not had a single problem. But we read about the people that have had a problem because those that are happy do not care to complain and are happy flying while those with a problem are rebuilding..... makes it a difficult situation...

2: Seems release 3 is in the works. Why is this buried in the 2.9.1.b forum??  Set up a separate topic...

Even the limited I read about release 3 seems it is better that 2.9.1.b at this point of development.  Is this just the vocal minority who have problems?? I do not know....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service