APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

Views: 99873

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to hear about your crash!!!

I was wondering if you could tell me more about how loiter sucked?

Thanks, but cannot we trim the APM instead of using the radio's trims/subtrims?

This is with the MTek, and it was moving around like crazy. It would circle a large area then move abruptly in a direction then circle, etc... Made me nervous so I turned it off. Figure I need to do some tuning to suit the MTek with the new loiter code. On y other quad with the ublox, loiter is excellent

Ed,

ah, I'm talking AC3.0-rc4.  2.9.1b should remain at 5.0!  sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for that feedback! the time constant of the inertial has been reduced and that will mean that the copter will be more effected by bad GPS.

We can also make loiter less aggressive at following the point too. This would mean that when it did get a GPS jump it didn't react so quickly.

Thanks again for your help and feedback!

Scott,

Ah, the Mediatek.  So we don't have a lot of testing experience with the mediatek...it may help to:

1. Increase the INAV_TC_XY parameter from 2.5 to 3.0

2. Decreasing the Loiter Speed P from 1.0 to 0.5 and Rate Loiter P from 1.0 to 0.5.

Leonard, what do you think?

Yeh, that is exactly what I was thinking.

And we should have a look at how low we can go with the Loiter Speed P term for exactly these types of problems.

I will have to get my second quad with the Mediatek back in the air when I get back.

I think the attached is the log - i hadn't dumped logs in a while and it is sort of hard to sort out which is which. Plus it's been a long day :)

Attachments:

THanks guys. I have as second ublox on order so I can stop switching them around. The Mediatek may jsut have to go bye bye.

Ah. I see. I just loaded V3rc4 moment ago. which means I may need to lower down my loiter P later?

Yes, you'll need to lower that or it'll be extremely aggressive.

By the way, please don't use the LAND command in -rc4.  I'll be pushing out -rc5 in the next 24h with a bug fix.  The bug is that it can fly off to one of the mission waypoints before landing.

Okie noted Randy!

Will be flying later eveving.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service