APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

Views: 99873

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can you not manually adjust the linkage or change the position of your horn to center it?

Randy,

apm2.5 is alive (led ALIVE is on), no response neither with 433mhz link. My receiver does not suport sumppm, but avr32u2 seems ok, the otherone  looks like fried. Whah kind of controller is that and can it be also changed? I ordered also 32u2, preparing to preflash it...

Attachments:

I am surprised we need to gave up so easy to MediaTek GPS which was performing well in old 2.8.1.

I would say would be better to make Arducopter/Arduplane to be compatible for both GPS, uBlox AND MediaTek.

I did recently ordered an uBlox for my quad, but I was thinking to put the MediaTek on Arduplane.

Now I am confused, is MediaTek not more good for Arducopter only or for Arduplane also?

Well actually i think they are ironing things out in the main code and stick mainly to ublox. When things sellte, mtk will be re-checked and parameters will be adjusted accordingly. That's only my prediction. So stay tuned. BTW i don't know if arduplane is also so much affected by the inertia (vibration and timing sensitive) stuff right now.

Ivan,

I'm not sure but perhaps it's the 3.3v <->5V level converter?  you must be pretty handy with the soldering iron if you can replace those chips!

Ok, -rc4 was good but had a short life sadly because of the LAND flight mode bug.  -rc5 is in the downloads area and should appear in the mission planner's "Beta firmwares" link shortly as well.  I've put the change notes for both -rc4 and -rc5 below.  All feedback welcome of course!
ArduCopter 3.0.0-rc5
Improvements over 3.0.0-rc4
1) bug fix to LAND flight mode in which it could try to fly to mission's next waypoint location
2) bug fix to Circle mode to allow counter-clockwise rotation
3) bug fix to heading change in Loiter, RTL, Missions when pilot's throttle is zero
4) bug fix for mission sticking at take-off command when pilot's throttle is zero
5) bug fix for parameters not saving when new value is same as default value
6) reduce pre-arm board min voltage check to 4.3V (was 4.5V)
7) remove throttle controller's ability to limit lean angle in loiter, rtl, auto
------------------------------------------------------------------
ArduCopter 3.0.0-rc4
Improvements over 3.0.0-rc3
1) loiter improvements:
     i) repositioning enhanced with feed forward
     ii) use tan to convert desired accel to lean angle
2) stability patch improvements for high powered copters or those with roll-pitch rate gains set too high
3) auto mode vertical speed fix (it was not reaching the desired speeds)
4) alt hold smoothed by filtering feed forward input
5) circle mode fix to initial position and smoother initialisation
6) RTL returns to initial yaw heading before descending
7) safe features:
    i) check for gps lock when entering failsafe
    ii) pre-arm check for mag field lenght
    iii) pre-arm check for board voltage between 4.5v ~ 5.8V
    iv) beep twice during arming
    v) GPS failsafe enabled by default (will LAND if loses GPS in Loiter, AUTO, Guided modes)
    vi) bug fix for alt-hold mode spinning motors before pilot has raised throttle
8) bug fixes:
    i) fixed position mode so it responding to pilot input
    ii) baro cli test
    iii) moved cli motor test to test sub menu and minor change to throttle output
    iv) guided mode yaw control fix

Don't worry, nobody is giving up on anything. As Crash says, it is just a matter of tuning things down a little.... I think. Remember, this is a release candidate, not the release. And there are a bunch of people like Scott putting it on the line to find problems (and they do).

There have been a lot of smart people making incremental changes to the code for a long time now and it is VERY hard and time consuming to get the code to take another step forward. Then there is a very large range of hardware that it needs to be tested on before we can feel confident to release.

Hopefully we can get most of the problems sorted out in the 3.rcX so the support load is a little lighter than 2.9.

Randy,once again thank you for the good work,when the V3 proper comes out,are you going to turn your attention to the PX4,yours,Marty

Merci Randy

pour ce très bon travail, trop rapide travail pour moi !! :

j'ai juste eu le temps de tester ArduCopter 3.0. 0 RC4 sur un seul vol,très bon résultats loiter avec du vent mais des problème mission auto

j' ai hâte de pouvoir tester ArduCopter 3.0.0-rc5 quand mon emploi du temps le permettra

Merci encore pour vos efforts, Bravo

Cordialement

Daniel 

I am downloading logs to investigate a suspected "GPS failure" while loitering with 3rc4, and I noticed a new checkbox "is Arducopter?" in the log download dialog. What does that do?

...also, I just noticed some RCMAP_**** parameters and I'm getting excited. Is that for cPPM remapping? If so... WHOOT!!! :)

First, I'd like to thank the dev+test teams for delivering the goods! Sunday I did some 3rc4 testing, and for the most part everything went perfectly. My video shows excellent loiter & circle performance in medium wind (~10mph). I forgot to change circle to auto before I left for the field, so I didn't get to test that. :P Also, I had "a GPS moment" (@4:42 GPS signal drops while in loiter):

All I asked was gradually slow down and left yaw... the rest was commanded by GPS. You know, that loss of control could have ended a lot worse. This is the second time (of ~100 flights) this has happened to the quad, and the first time damaged some parts. Here is proof my uBlox was to blame:

I did have GPS failsafe enabled, but clearly it was never called during that loss of control. In this case I was flying rc4 with a mission loaded; so I am glad it did not enter LAND, but now that rc5 fixes the LAND bug I want my GPS failsafe to work. I haven't looked in to the GPS failsafe part(s) of the code, but I'm very interested in changing it (or parameter ;) ) to be more sensitive... it should not be trying to fly itself around crazy like that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service