APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

Views: 99894

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Emin Bu,

what motors, props and batteries you have on your Y6?  I am flying Y6 as well. Mine built with 650 KV RCTimer 4215 motors, APC14x4.7 and 10000 3S and I get only about 6 minutes flights.  Same RCtimer gimbal with GoPro, about 3KG AUW.

You definitely have props in the camera view. Longer booms and moving camera forward was my solution to this.

Default PIDs and Setting...

I have a suggestion for documentation and for the first post of a new release like when R3 will become an official release. It would be nice to have a print screen of the "default"  PIDs and access to a param file. That would make the information easy to refer to when we mess up our PIDs or when we change the wrong parameter in the advance settings.

take a better look at previous page,my batt is 2x 8000mAh 6S,my specifications are there (picture as well)and props are not in view...if you do not trust me u will have to make a bet to convince me to make 20min video.... :-)

I strongly agree with this suggestion for the release notes.  In addition

- Define what hardware configuration these PIDs apply to

- Define how they might need to be changed or adjusted (at least which ones) when the hardware is a bit different, like larger motors and/or props, more weight (camera).  Just a couple of the more common hardware configs - I realize there are to many to address them all.

- Define the order in which PIDs might need to be tuned.  Include links to the videos (the ones that apply) and be sure to use the terminology and PID labels both on the MP screen and in the CH 6 drop down box (which are different and confusing).

- Include a note on how to get back to the defaults if you mess up and change something you shouldn't

- Include a link to how to enable IMU logging, download logs, and browse them

- Include a link to a cross reference of settings names between the flash log, MP display page(s), CH6 drop down box, tlog (if different), etc. 

Jim

Emin Bu, I found the specs, thanks.   I did not realize you have 70cm base, looked like 550 to me on the pic.  You use wide or narrow FOV on GoPro?

i only have go pro 1..so 720p(wide) or 1080p (narow,thats what i use most of time) is my only choice..also i rotate bottom part of rc timer gimbal so its further in front...also i hava a tip for you,since antivibration rubbers on that gimbal is too soft i bought cheap elastic silicone for window and injected inside of each rubber(be careful to fill them completely) also i put some silicone around them as well and now stabilisation is much better..i will upload video soon

Thanks Randy and Dev Team,

Everything were working perfect and it can compete with the 4 digit flight controllers..

With ROI feature, APM will overcome them easily..

My best regards to the dev team.. Bravo!!

such a big y6 looks stupid with this small camera but this gimbal works sooo well so i dont try with DSLR at the moment till brusshless gimbal will be more advance....

my PIDs is very specific for small frame with big props

i have only 5mm distance between propellers and battery

main difference YAW rate P = 1/6 of default

else copter fast jump in landing

my param file here: https://sites.google.com/site/talon2v2/photos/ax4008_for_aviar_hove...

Emin Bu,

I removed 4 of rubber things from RCT gimbal and put instead 3 layers of moon gel pads cut in the halves.  Tied that sandwich with zip ties and it is working extremely good.

Hi,

i built my second octocopter as a coaxial octo. This time i carefully selected props and motors for high efficiency, Now i like to use the "motor top bottom ratio function" (mot_tb_ratio) to minimize inefficiency due to the coaxial setup. The function is not used in 2.9

How can i activate this feature and are there any problems related to this?

Hiya- I know this is an old question, but what is the best way to disable the "yaw towards next waypoint" behavior?  I'd rather maintain a consistent yaw, because my copter is used for mapping "lawnmower" style, and I feel that it is wasting some energy yawing at each of the many 90 degree turns on its flight paths.  I'd rather not compile custom code if I can avoid it. Thanks for your help!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service