APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

Views: 99907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lior, I have already asked the same thing but unfortunately I think it will continue to do so with the Planner, i agree with you, would be an important thing but unfortunately not me who "said the rules" and the development direction.
I also asked that the operation of arm/disarm motors is done with both the stick and not just one, as a matter of safety in the quad.
We are too "married" to APM Planner, when in fact many functions you could do without.

@Dean: is normal, i've already reported this to the dev list.
try to fly with "real acro", disable the trainer and put the acro stab to zero (not Acro P), but don't remember if in this condition you can flip the quad.
I tried to do looping and tonneax but currently are not possible.

I'd already suggested possibly making it a CH7 option or something similar for this reason.

There was a reply that "something was on it's way". :)

As you say, the DJI approach works very well. Can be annoying sometimes to get into, but really impossible to accidentally trigger, and allows you to do the calibration 'mid field' away from any unwanted magnetics.

It is funny, because conversely the trim calibration on the Arducopter, is easy to enable, and works well, and I wish for something similar on the DJI.

Best Wishes

Is there a parameter that controls the ascent and descent rates in ALT_HOLD at full and zero throttle stick?

Yes, see the adv parameters list.

which parameter in the adv parameter list?

Not sure if this is related to 2.9.1b but today I had a fast drop when in altitude hold on large octo. I was able to save it 1 meter off the ground by switching to stable but I would really like to understand what caused it. I've looked at the tlog and started this topic.

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/throttle-cuts-off-in-altitude-hol...

Thanks!

steve

Hey everyone, sorry for the hi-jack, this is definitely not firmware related but I'd like an informed reply haven't gotten one elsewhere so here goes:

After my apm2.5 gave me a compass error I noticed that it kept arming normally, is it possible to prevent that ? Is there any hardware checking currently in the code ?

PILOT_VELZ_MAX

For the accelerometers calibration yes, and i think also for wrong compas value (out of range or "all to zero" = not calibrated), but only in the next release, not in 2.9.1b.

I did today a new flight test with APM2.5 and Quad Arducopter 2.9.1b.

The results was under my expectations. 2 days ago, the I did have several other flights and all was OK, which means Loiter, RTL and Auto was acceptable,

Today, without any new modification as h/w or s/w (params), I did try again several Loiter and Auto.

It is first time is happens to me the quad to fly away from its location (towards me !) agressivelly at 45 degree pitch when I put from Alt Hold to Loiter. The switch was from a stabil flight and when I comute to Loiter (from Alt Hold), it really pitched 45 degrees and advanced rapidly. I was not scare to react since flying qaud is less difficult comparing to my Align 450, but still under expectation.

Efefctivelly from 10 Loiter or Auto, just 2 were good. This is strange. Those 2 good flighst were somehow in middle, same conditions as wind, temp, time, no hard landing. When I said 2 good flights, I mean really 2 stabile flights. But all the other 8 was like out of control. I don't know why.

Could some unexpected vibrations affect this? But way later all was OK for another 2 flights and then unstable again.

My INAV param is 20. Compass learning is off. I did "dansing" for compas before first flight.

That sounds like GPS issues - if it was just affecting loiter and auto.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service