APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

Views: 99895

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes now it is ;)

Did you see this ?

It was 2.9.1b-dev.

Much worse Arducopter 3.0.0-rc1 on my quad at this moment.

Need PID tuning or wait for better release.

Unfortunate, later the quad crashes and lost logs:-(

Thanks for your great work Randy and Co.
I've flown in the past few weeks every day with a new version from the trunk.

ALT_HOLD no longer works for a long time. The copter always shoots a few feets into the air and falls back a few feets.

With INAV_TC_Z  = 1.8 and  THR_ALT_P  = 0.14 it looks better, but is not stable..

Vibrations are very low.

Greeting Peter

One of the reason of poor loiter brought from compass calibration process. Skipping of compass calibration dance may affect on this, however it is very difficult to make a dance on the filed without wireless. One idea is put the extra chanel, such as CH7, dedicate for compass calibration.

1) Turn on CH7: start compass calibration mode

2) Dancing compass calibration

3) Turn off CH7: finish your compass calibration 

That's it :-)

Now I realize the importance of compass calibration.

No toilet bowl is observed on AC3.0.0-rc1.Unfortunately, the wind is mild:p The compass calibration is took place with desktop PC and long USB cable; trigger the Live calibration button on Mission planner and turning copter 360 degree in several directions by hand.

Randy, can you suggest what logs to enable for 3rc1... both initial testing and ongoing use?

Jiro, when you have calibrated your compass, try using channel 6 to tune your magnetic declination too.

set tune to 38, min to zero and max to 1000 in advanced params.

I found this tuning to produce the best results, much better than the magdec auto or website.

I'd just enable IMU to check your vibes, then disable it when all good. 

Then for flight tuning enable defaults plus inav. Then when you are happy disable that.

It would be nice to leave them on to show up any sudden build up in vibes and errors, but their effect on performance is debateable, so i then just go back to defaults that i know the APM can spit out without problem.

If found the Error:

If Sonar is turned on, but is disabled by CH7, it remains active and interferes ALT_HOLD.

Sonar makes Spikes on attitude every few seconds.

Now it works with default Parameters.

ALT_HOLD now is very good.

Greeting Peter

Dave C

Thank you for the suggestion of compass calibration.

I have done a try on my quad,already.

It looks like promising result.

Small demo of my TBS like with APM1 and Mediatek GPS
Quite windy conditions today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP1ZiEV9nqo&feature=youtu.be

To remove the vibration I used the O-ring solution in combination with the Kyosho Zeal tape.
Took me some time to get it all tuned in but now it is flying quite well.
Loiter and alt hold are working as well (taking into account that it is a mediatek GPS and the BMP085 sensor)

Thanks Dave, got 3rc1 and the latest OSD code loaded up and ready to test fly/tune (starting from my 2.9.1 base tune and low vibes of course). I read rumors early on that ac3 was going to have more efficient logging... such that we can enable more without taking a hit on performance. True/False?

Also, I had to look up the default config.h since I already buggered with my settings. It would be neat if the logging documentation included a list of log bitmasks for default, everyday, and various testing (also different firmwares if there are differences in logging efficiency). I think that's a simpler and much faster way to change logging options. I know everyone here is busy with more important things at the moment, but I figured I would suggest it for future documentation.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service