APM Output Channel 2 not working

I've set up my quad with an APM 2.6 and everything is working.... except the output channel 2.  I can turn the APM on, arm the motors and get them spinning except which ever motor is plugged into channel 2.  I've plugged in different motors into that channel to make sure I didn't have a bad motor, and they all work when connected to channels 1,3, or 4.  

I've been scouring this form for advice and am coming up a bit dry.  I've reinstalled the firmware to the APM several times.  calibrated my ESC and throttle min/max (i've even done it to each motor individually).  

Any idea on what might be going on, or a potential fix I could try?

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Did you ever get this figured out? I have the same exact problem and can't find any info on it.

• No, I could never figure it out.  I tried a TON of stuff and scoured the internet.  I would recommend  reinstalling the firmware to the APM,  calibrating the ESC and throttle min/max.  

I ended up having to get a replacement APM.

Sorry I don't have any better news.

• Dang! Thanks. I'll try remapping the output in code like in this link. output reprogram

If not I'll buy another flight controller but not a apm they are obviously too fragile and buggy.

• Hi, it is the signal pin you should test :) Preferably with an oscilloscope but maybe a simple voltmeter can also help tell if it is quite dead. With NO power on the APM, you can use the ohmmeter to measure resistance between the signal pin and ground. Is it different from the other channels?

If it is, I don't see other possibilities than a dead port (was it overloaded somehow? Plugged in reverse to power?) or a CPU pin that has detached from the board or (improbably) that the pin header is not soldered well. Or there is a scratch in the board that has cut the connection.

Regards

Soren

• Do you have a multi-meter?  Do you get any signal across channel 2 when activated?

This reply was deleted.

Activity