Replies

• Any chance of getting an acoustic variometer into the arduplane code? I'm guessing it would require some external device to output sound into the vtx but I'm sure the APM would be up to the task of outputting a compatible signal. It would be perfect for gliders / sailplanes!

• Tridge,

Battery Voltage and current monitoring is quite accurate in in the latest Arduplane code loaded on  APM2.5 & APM2.6.  

During a flight with Arduplane 2.76 (APM2.5 with 3DR power module), My plane ( SIRIUS ) was airborne at 150mt Alt, it was in guided mode. I was getting battery voltage & mAh consumed. 

I was keeping eye on the Mission Planner in the Laptop suddenly the laptop restarted with blue screen might be due to temperature. I changed the mode via Tx When the Mission planner was restarted, it started its counter of consumed battery mAh from zero.

What is takes for the APM to keep full record of Batter mAh consumed and relay periodically via MAVLink so that if Mission planner is restarted then it should display the actual Battery mAh consumed.

• Hi All,

I had a strange crash last weekend. I have APM with HK Clone which is flying on SkyEye. I was trying to see how long it can fly therefore i setup a mission and repeat it few times, after second or third repeat. It was entered to deadly spin and crashed i  try to switch to manual mode to recovery unfortunately, couldn't recover it. 

I would be glad if some expert could analyse the log files and tell me what is wrong. 

Thanks

Aytek

2013-11-24 15-58-06.tlog

2013-11-24 15-58-06.rlog

• Tridge,

Good find!

This does call up the question of whether this is getting too complicated? Corrections to corrections and such. Sometimes it would be preferrable buy simplicity for a known set of inaccuracies that are not really significant.

Did somebody experiment with using the throttle output and speed for acc. correction? I'd be happy to try but maybe it was already rejected?

Regards

Soren

• Hi again,

I am still doing more research about my problems with 2.76 and I have found a most tricky problem that could explain what I posted before. I lost a lot of parameters when I upgrade from 2.74 to 2.76! Concretely the following ones dissapear after upgrade:
    ALT2PTCH_D
    ALT2PTCH_I
    ALT2PTCH_IMAX
    ALT2PTCH_P
    AMP_OFFSET
    AMP_PER_VOLT
    ARSP2PTCH_D
    ARSP2PTCH_I
    ARSP2PTCH_IMAX
    ARSP2PTCH_P
    ENRGY2THR_D
    ENRGY2THR_I
    ENRGY2THR_IMAX
    ENRGY2THR_P
    KFF_PTCH2THR
    WP_LOITER_RAD
    WP_RADIUS
    YAW2SRV_DAMP
    YAW2SRV_IMAX

By the way, I fly with an APM 2.6.

If I downgrade the firmware to 2.74 I recover them and I lose them again if I repeat the firmware upgrade to 2.76.

What I wonder is how I flew this morning with this setup without crash my plane. It hardly took-off in my first flight but it flew rather well without rare behaviours (although I didn't saw too much and I had to land shortly because of the mist). My plane did not take-off in my second attempt and then I decided to check all well before to try it again.

Some one else have had problems like me?. In the mean time I will get back to 2.74 until these issues were resolved.

Cheers

• Hi Andrew,

After first flight tests with 2.76 I have at least two new problems:

1) Bad log recording. I have problems to display, graph and analyse logs since 2.76 upgrade. It seems like now there is a new column of data after the first one that makes titles to be displaced backward one position and mismatch with data shown in the table. To explain it better, please take a look to the following screen shots:

2.74b log: I can graph all data (IMU, for example) whiout problems:

3692875252?profile=original2.76 graph:

3692875277?profile=originalPlease, find also here-attached both data logs.

2) worse take off with 2.76 than 2.74b. I don't know why but throttle starts later in hand launch after upgrade firmware to 2.76 until the point that now it don't take off. I will attach tlogs in a next reply.

2013-10-31 16-40 21_2.74b.log

2013-11-07 14-53 2_2.76.log

• I don't know if what I was experiencing with 2.75 is what was fixed in 2.76.
    With 2.75, when switching to RTL, plane was flying nicely back home, loiter once and then went into spiral dive with full throttle as if it decided to commit suicide. switching quickly to MANUAL saved the day. can't remember this ever happening with 2.74 or previous even though Andrew claims this bug was there in 2.74 as well. Anyway, I have flashed mine with 2.76 and will check again tomorrow 

• Bravo to Andrew and the team on the DCM fix.

I'm positive that you've found the issue that eventually caused my 1st high alttiude return attempt (NTNS-2) to lose attitude reference (Link).  This flight experienced 2-3 Hz oscillations due in part to autopilot gains robustness issues.  I had determined that the accels and rates were not saturated but I never really understood why the DCM fell apart.  The next two flights had much more robust gain sets and had no issues with the DCM.  It's still good practice to make sure autopilot gains are robust even though we now have better DCM robustness with 2.76. I'm looking forward to seeing results with the new build.

• 3D Robotics

Worth reading for the gripping detective work on that corner-case DCM bug alone!

This reply was deleted.

Activity