I've built up a Tarot 650 Sport using the Mini APM Pro with DJI's E800 system.

My issue is, when I arm the motors, they all spin just fine, but when I give it some throttle, one motor takes a bit more thottle to spin up..  Full throttle they all seems to be ok..  I have checked the firmware on each ESC and even tried reinstalling the firmware on each one.

I tried moving the servo wires to a different motor and the problem occurs on the new motor and the original works fine.  Does this mean I have a bad ESC?

Dennis

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Turned out I was looking at the wrong one..  I still have this issue..

Since I moved the cables around and any motor plugged into the #3 Prop on APM doesn't spin up with the other motors at low throttle.. Is there a setting I should be looking at?  I did try to set MOT_SPIN_ARM to 200 (in increments) and min throttle.. 

• "I tried moving the servo wires to a different motor and the problem occurs on the new motor and the original works fine"

What do you mean by servo wires?

If you moved the PWM input to a different ESC/Motor pair, the problem is not ESC/Motor. But from the APM.

If by "servo" you mean you swapped ESC's the problem could be the ESC,as long as you swapped motors connected to swapped ESC.

To isolate the issue you need to swap the inputs to two escapes and see if problem follows ESC or input.

If it then follows ESC, you need to swap motors to isolate which is problem.

Also before using controller, I first connect receiver throttle Channel directly to each ESC/Motor pair and check each for smooth response to throttle stick (Props OFF! or frame tied down).

I hope this helps.

• Sorry, swapped PWN wires..  

I noticed one of the wires were frayed, looks like I might have touch it with the soldering iron..  Going to fix that and see if the issue goes away..

This reply was deleted.

Activity