APM Problems, very confused!

Hi There, I  thought I'd join the DD community to see if anyone could help me setup my quad.  And I thought my first post might be one helping others setup theirs, lol. So here goes.

Here are the some of the issues iv'e been trying to Iron out,.

Firstly the Rx Channels appear to be reversed on the APM side, (quad pitches forward when stick is back, and rolls right when stick goes left, eh???)

Secondly,  Loiter works superbly (i mean perched on an invisible pole kinda steady!) for about 30 seconds, then starts circling clockwise.

Lastly, (well this maybe the same problem with 2 manifestations) Altitude hold causes the quad to wobble on the roll axis, and also when landing, i can shut the props off so hurl a beach towel over the screaming beast until i can yank out the battery - which ive had to do in two of 4 total flights.

Well, A bit scared to take it out again, it behaves like a locked up dog let out off it's lead/leash :)

Any ideas where the problems might lay? I thought this tlog file might help

2013-11-23%2015-36%2034.log.gpx

Many thanks in advance, Chris

Setup:_ steadidrone qu4d, apm 2.5 mounted on moongel), hobbywing quattro, rctimer 10x2.5 props, rctimer telemetry and gps.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Regarding the circling in loiter (aka "toilet bowl effect"), this is often caused by compass interference. Have you run the compassmot procedure yet?
  • Hi Gary, Yeah i saw the video a while back, ive done everything exactly like that. it seems to be hardware configuration that is the issue, I soon realized that you cannot run both gps and 3dr radio in such close proximity and get a lock. 

cheers, chris

Is this RTF or have you built a kit? I have a QU4D and its all super simple.

This reply was deleted.

Activity