APM2.0 Sensor Quality

Frankly, the hardware documentation for APM2.0 sucks. There isn't a single page that shows all the connections, what is active in the default configuration and how to modify the board to activate different serial and I2C I/O. Additionally, there isn't a page which shows the accuracy and precision of the various sensors on the board (InvenSense MPU-6000 etc.)

I have scoured the wiki many times, and the forums. I can read data sheets but that doesn't mean a whole lot if the sensors are integrated differently. Can someone point me to the source for this information, or should I start digging through the source code and Eagle schematics for basic data?

I am more than willing to help update the wiki documentation if this information can be compiled!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sam,

I wish I could help but all I can do is totally agree with you. It would be very helpful if 3DR (hardware manufacturer) made some simple connection block diagrams and got the Wiki pages up to date..Some form of configuration management for the Wiki pages would be welcomed too. For example, Instruction release 2.x.x includes firmware 2.40 and Mission Planner 1.1.99. Otherwise, just have fun in the journey. I am sure you will get to the destination sooner or later, hopefully with hardware and brain intact. LOL

Best,

Steven

This reply was deleted.

Activity