hey did you guys hear the joke about the 3DRobotics APM2 repair paths? 

oh wait there are none!

Beware folks don't fry your APM2... it is costly. Its not like APM1 where you can dice off the red board and keep the Oilpan alive. The purple board is evil. ;) 

If you are accident prone, stick to APM1 and buy a stash of red boards.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• William,

I might be able to repair this for you - I'm based in the UK.  Although obviously I'd charge for it - if its just a single component then 20 EUR plus postage (probably around 5EUR) and parts (diodes are less than 1EUR, voltage reg about 2EUR, if its the cpu then significantly more ~20EUR).  Parts priced at whatever farnell charge, and postage whatever the royal mail charge.  

But, with a new APM being some $70 from RCTimer, you might as well just buy a new one.

Best

Gareth

• My APMv will no longer accept any sketches larger in size than an elaborate blink sketch.

I've read & tried everything about reloading the boot loader & I even used a B&K Precision device programmer.

The bootloader worked in all cases, but APM 2.0 will not run large files anymore.

The only reason it isn't in the garbage is that I don't like waste.

Mine is available for donation. I'll ship it snail mail free if the recipient promises to makes a $25 USD  donation to to Tridge  or Michael Oborne.

• Why not just have someone here rework it?  I think there are several posts about replacing burnt diodes from power problems.  Plenty of people with SMT skills here.  At least donate the board to one of them (me) if you're going back to the old APM.

• i thought  about this before a ordered a replacement APM1.4 i,m thinking about a opamp for the ground i seen a reverse polarity and over volt protector on immersion rc but they where out of stock so i did'nt check it out . be nice to have an updated oilpan with the new sensors but mine seems to be alright on my plane as is

This reply was deleted.

Activity