APM2 won't tranfer data over Mavlink

Well, my APM2 quad just flipped upsidedown in flight about 3 feet off the ground. Very minor damage to aircraft. Now, the APM2 won't transfer data through the Mavlink. All indicator lights come on except the orange data rx/tx are dead. The Mission Planner says that "com4" is not there, as if the APM2 was not plugged in. It will not arm the ESCs or respond in any way. Reset does nothing. Different computer w/ older version of MP: nothing. Is she done for? Any input appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If your interested in selling the broken APM let me know. I'd like to see if i can repair it. 

• Excellent customer support.
    A tip of my Texas hat to 3DR!
  • FYI, I sent off an email to help@3drobotics.com describing the symptoms.  I just got the following email back from 3DR. I know you can get this technology cheaper from China once they have time to copy it, but tell me you would ever get a response like this. I love it. Thanks guys!

Hi Al, Thank you for contacting 3D Robotics Technical Support. Sorry to hear about the damage. From the symptoms you have described, it seems that the 32u2 chip and likely the serial mux chip on the APM board have been damaged. Sorry for the inconvenience as we currently do not offer a repair service for damaged boards, but we would like to offer you a 50% discount on a new replacement APMv2.5 board. The APMv2.5 comes with built in power protection, and the new kit comes with a Power Module, case, and optional GPS. Please let me know if you would like to redeem this discount so that I can send you instructions on how to do so. Thank you.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,
    Carmen
    3D Robotics

This reply was deleted.

Activity