ArduCam / MinimOSD distorting on screen

Hi all -

I recently got into FPV, and since I use APM 2.5 my thought was to go with a MinimOSD since it efficiently gets its sensor data directly from the APM!

Well, I am having some trouble with it. Here are my FPV specs:

-ImmersionRC 25mW 5.8Ghz Tx w/ CP pinwheel antenna

-ImmersionRC Uno 5.8Ghz Rx w/ CP Crosshair antenna

-3D FPV cam from ng hobbies

If I connect everything, and turn on the Arducopter WITHOUT the camera connected to the OSD, everything displays fine! However, if I connect the camera (even if I reset the OSD afterwards, etc.) the OSD overlay gets distorted. It flickers somewhat, and the text that is supposed to display at the bottom of the screen wraps to the top, and not everything is visible. It's bad enough that it prevents me from really being able to use the OSD info while flying.

I have tried switching video modes in the ArduOSD app, to no avail (my equipment is NTSC). I have updated to the latest MinimOSD firmware, and loaded the latest charmap.

Any help is much appreciated!

-Jamie

PS if pictures would help I can take some

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I hit this same issue, and fixed it by making sure that I selected each "tab" in the Config Tool, double-checked that it was set to NTSC mode in the menu, and saved it to the OSD.  I did this for each tab.  Prior to doing so, the values were not consistent across the tabs when I read the data from the OSD.  I also turned off the screen switch feature, but I don't think that was the problem.

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but this post was the first hit when I was Googling for answers, and I wouldn't want others to struggle with this like I did.

• Sounds like the same problem I have. It does not seem to be an issue with the older V1.9 firmware - maybe you could try that.

I've raised an issue about it here-  there is a video attached showing the problem.

• Any help, please?

This reply was deleted.

Activity