Developer

Arducopter 2.0.48/49

There is a preview on GIT right now. I flew a version of this

The PWM output has been set to 400hz (to counter the low pass filter in most Turnigy PWMs)

The DCM's Roll and Pitch gains were lowered to .03 (recommendation of Hein Hollander)

Mavlink has gotten a re-work for performance and memory savings.

Added a scaling factor to camera Roll And Pitch CAM_P_G, CAM_R_G in the params list.

Fixed some bad PID values for Alt hold that were giving folks trouble.

Exiting a WP for another is faster and more controlled now.

Added user hooks for those who want to execute their own code inline.

Increased loiter speed to center when the copter is flown > 400cm (now 800cm).

Loiter in action.

Jason

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3692307760?profile=original3692307734?profile=original3692307633?profile=original3692307711?profile=original3692307674?profile=original3692307612?profile=original3692307660?profile=originalHi

I've finally got Hexa to work, the setup is as follows (v2.0.49):Jdrone frame Hexa, Jdrone engine 880, jdrone 30 amp esc, 10x3, 8 prop, 2x4s lipo main batteri(6000 to 10,000 ma), Spektrum DX8 with telemetri, 2xcastlec bec connected via two blocking diodes one of the becs have his own 2s lipo to keeping the voltage stable if the main battery is overloaded. I have worked extensively with the sonar "alt hold" but now it works perfectly. Looks like sonar does not have to stand close to the iron/aluminum because it produces disturbance to the barometer, among other things. I measured the voltage to 4.6 V from apm to sonar, apm is powered with 5.1 v. I have now taken power directly from the 5v bec to sonar with a shielded cable. Have also made ​​a low pass filter. Sonar signal goes from apm to the sonar with its own shielded cable grounded in sonar outlet. I have flown several battery packs now and "alt hold" works very well, follows the ground smoothly, no surprises there. Loiter is also 100%, it is rock solid. If the weather is good tomorrow I'll try waypoint and rtl have such good faith in the HEXA now. I put some pictures, log and pids. Has almost no adjustment on the pids than the original. If someone is good to read the logs, I would appreciate feedback. I think "alt hold" and "altbaro" looks a little noisy, but everything works very well in the air. The Drone pulled to the left in the beginning, but I moved the batteries to the right, Then CG was good so it hover completely still. Maybe I test RTL and AUTO to morrow if weather is good.I forgot to say that the sonar is coated with silkon. I have also tryed wrapped the sonar with alufolie and groundet it, but it makes lots more noise.

Best regards

Arnt-Inge

3692307697?profile=original

Hexalog.jpg

hexapids049.jpg

2011-11-26 07-09 6.log

• How about an altimeter system based on LIDAR, I am thinking of a very light version similar to this full version: http://www.geolas.com/Pages/laser.html

GeoLas Consulting: Laser Altimetry
  • I have upgraded ArduCopter 2.0.50 firmware  from   Mission_Planner_1.0.95, but  when I switch to  different modes ,  it always   stayed  at Stablized mode.

I also uploaded it from arduino , the same problem happened .

Does  2.0.50 need special parameter setup  to enable the modes switch function? 

• I´m just testing inside home the .50 from the MP.

It flies better than ever. Alt_hold is  a lot more sensible to altitude changes with throttle (take care! at the begining). Also the PID setting is very agresive but precise.

How works now the Alt_hold throttle control?. It´s not very clear for me.

• Hey guys, I need some quick help. Where can I change the angle limits in the code? It seems like my stick moment doesent translate past around 35 degrees. I need to get more like 55 or 60ish. It would be pretty cool if this parameter could be mavlink editable.

The 2.0.49 has been around for quite some time now, going well beyond the one-two week test period for each design. I wonder is there a major release coming soon again or is more behind the scenes dev. going on?

• During the last 10 flight i've observed that sometimes yaw stick is very sensitive (moving a little bit the yaw stick makes the copter to yaw) and sometimes it is yawing only when the yaw stick is at end position. What could be the cause? I've observed this in Loiter mode, i don't have the skills to try in other mode to see how it behaves.

• Jason Best regards.

I am exploring the possibility of moving to high-speed escI see that they are at500Hz, and this code was moved to 400Hz. Please can I indicate that I change the refresh rate?

Motor control frequency 500Hz, 1000 control level.

Estoy analizando la posibilidad de mudarme a esc de alta velocidad, veo que ellos estan en 500hz, ya este codigo lo cambiaron a 400hz.  por favor me pueden indicar que debo hacer para cambiar la velocidad de actualizacion?

thanks for your answers

Thanks for your answers

• Great work on the ruggedization guys.  I'll probably have to do this too as it's getting cold here in Canada.

While we're at it, can anybody comment on the mounting of the sonar?  I believe it needs vibration isolation as well, but I haven't figured out a great way to do that yet.  Or does it not really matter?

And while we're on the subject, does anybody else think that any of the APM components might need heating in cold weather?  My old Flymentor setup seemed fine down to -20C.  But I don't know about APM yet.

• A flight with my 3DR frame and 2.0.49 with stock motors, parameters, 1045 props and a little wind :) GPS has been giving me some trouble going from 8 sats to 0 (cable is ok) so I didn't try loiter or any auto methods. I'm thinking to tune the PID but it seems so stable already and descends with almost no wobble so I'm not sure if I need to.

This reply was deleted.

Activity