Version 2.5 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
While some testers have reported very good flights with the default PIDs, some have reported that this release is a little "sharper" due to the DCM improvements and have found they needed to:
reduce stabilize P by 10% (i.e. 4.5 -> 4.2)
reduce stabilize D by 30% (i.e. 0.15 -> 0.10)
increase rate D from 0 to 0.001
Tuning loiter can be tricky. Refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
Please post your feedback in this discussion. For enhancement requests and bug report, please add them to the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.5 but tell us anyway!).
Thanks for this release go to the developers (both in the core team but also those who have provided bug fixes through the issues list) and also the community members who participated in the previous release thread and provided some great detailed information in the form of issue reports and logs which allowed us to nail some bugs!
I did a test 2.5.3 (just Stabilize mode) with this configuration:
CHASSIS FRAME DJI F450 X config
880 kv motors x4
ESC 41A x4
Propeller 10 x 4.5
I found him very nervous and especially while I stop when he got aswitch in brutalementent inclination (lower side
right) - why?
I attached the log file thank you to take a look to find the fault.
ok well i finally pulled the logs. these are the last 3. this is going back to my post from a couple of days ago on page 46.
Today, Nice loiter
I'm wondering if there are new default params for the 3DR (850kv 10x4.5) that coincide with 2.5.3? The latest ones posted here are from February 2.
I've loaded 2.5.3 on my quad and am having a couple of issues:
- quad drifts (pitch) forward in all modes (haven't tried acro)
- in loiter and alt hold it drifts forward and climbs not stopping until I reel it back in.
Can anyone provide suggestions on what values to tweak based on my telemetry log from last test flight and current params below.
Telemetry log attached - (starting from about the 35% mark in the log. I had to carry it to another location)
Thanks in advance
Hi folks,identical problem here with my octo.Already set all Alt. hold values to zero,no change.
Still starts climbing,the opposite of what i had in 2.5.
With your Loiter settings i have the best settings ever! my copter hold the position with a radius of 2-3meters with light winds, but very stable, no overshots or something!
i have Mikrokopter Fram MK50, with 760kV Motors, 10 x 4,5 Props, and 4S Lipo!
I just want say the difference between 4S and 3S Lipo are big! I fly long time with 3S lipo and now I switch to 4S Lipo, and i need 1-2 hours to tune my PID new!
sorry for my bad english :)
I flew my there rigs today but my laptop wouldn't boot up so i couldn't log the flight. Even though had a few issues, mostly had some good flight.
Is there anyway to get the logs from the board if it wasn't save to the computer? I also noticed that on decent the hex wobbles quite a bit. I recall there was some discussion on this issue. What was the final conclusion to the cause of this? I have a few other issues as well but I will check my hardware etc before I conclude if its hardware or software related.
John: Yes. It's in the manual.
Guys, how is the bugfixing going?
Has the problem with the yaw been fixed yet?
A release is coming soon that will include a better mag calibration routine. Stay tuned.
Well... another flight test, another crash.
First my quad started to flip over to the left (twice on take off). I levelled it, it took off ok, then I switched to loiter --- Immediate flip over, crash, 2 props to garbage. I'm flying download area version of AC 2.5.3, It has been giving me some erratic behaviours and glitches in middle flight wich are not getting me very convinced on it's rubustness. I know a great deal of job was put in it but, I'm sorry, it's not working for me. I attach the log files to see if anyone can reach any conclusions but without many hope. Xaircraft pro 450 frame, X flight mode, emax gt 2218 930kv motors, 5000mah 3s 30c battery, all weight approx 1550gr.