Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect. If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.
The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.
Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
- MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]
- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]
- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]
- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]
- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]
- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]
- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]
- flip & acro improvements [Jason]
- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]
- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]
Bug fixes include:
- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]
- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]
- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]
- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]
- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]
- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]
- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs. Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
All feedback welcome below. Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).
I've just run into trouble with this. The minimosd is now stuck at waiting for mavlink heartbeats after the firmware update. I'm running 2.6 firmware and have mavlink 10 enabled (connects fine through ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe).
Have even tried loading the old firmware back on and disabling mavlink10 in arduino but even that doesn't work any more! Is my board toast? And if so how?!
The day starts very well thanks to you
I load 2.6 through Mission planner this morning on my part FL 450, I followed your instructions (P reduction rate of 25% because my engines are 880kv), all other PIDs are original.
this is fantastic! the quad is almost motionless in radius of 50cm, with sonar altitude seems to follow the terrain, really exellent, loiter is very strong
Congratulations to the team
I do not know the MK (very expensive) but I think with 2.6 MK designers have worries of what to do!
Congratulations again to all the team and thank you for your efforts
Someones been watching the Warthox videos :)
I received, and soldered pins to my 2560 APM1 board today, and loaded the code.
Rebuild for my standard jDrones Quad tonight, AND the weather looks promising this weekend.
I hope to be as happy as everybody else by the end of the weekend :-)
You really tested the robustness of 2.6 :D nice flights. Also congratulations on your machines. MK and DJI repent your sins and fear the AC ehehehh
Yeah, i know Warthox, but fly with MultiWii or KK... Acro is better and fast with this two boards (at the moment).
HAHA, yip, lol my aim ;) MK/DJI look out, opensource bunch of 'noobs' will soon take over (in my opinion already have)
this video is STABILZED mode NOT acro
First of all, thanks to all de devs, testers and everyone involved!Excited to hear (and wish to test asap )about the new features.
1- Could you further explain (link info) the "Auto Approach" thing?
2- Any guides about how to perform the flips in acro and stab modes?
I am anxious to test it but I think better to know what I am supposed to do with the Tx sticks before feeling too brave.