Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!

Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect.  If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.

The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.

Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
     - MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]

- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]

- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]

- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]

- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]

- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]

- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]

- flip & acro improvements [Jason]

- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]

- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]

Bug fixes include:

- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]

- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]

- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]

- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]

- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]

- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]

- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]

Tuning:
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props.  If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs.  Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.

All feedback welcome below.  Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list.  When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).

Happy flying!

Views: 64312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just had a crash on my quad. It was my buddy who fly it, we are tuning altitude hold. At the end of the flight the copter are uncontrolled.

I load 2.6 from mission planner and had few flight alright before the crash. Not a major damage only broken props. The log file from dataflash attached, unfortunatelly I haven't enable motor log.

From what I can see from the log the radio seems ok, around line 4500 the trottle in 0 but the altitude from baro still fluktuatif. My buddy told me that he put the throtle down but the copter still flying for about 30-40cm. It was scary because it flew to carpark, luckyly it not hit any car.

Anyway, hopefully someone can shed some light on whats going on. Aside from this issue, 2.6 is really stable and I like it so much.

Attachments:

APM2 + Arducopter Quad 2.6 Superb..

just upgrade new 2.6 firmware on my:

Quad X650 aircraft, stock motor,18a turnigy esc plush, frsky wieght  -+ 1.2kg ,

testing LOITER & RTL, very stable in strong wind. default PID

creditz to the arducopter team..

which motors and props are you using ?

That's the ticket, quality loiter in the sky right next to a fully powered traction kite. 

You have to tell us what happened at the end of the video though, that puppy was coming home fast!  

Are you sure your buddy was not in alt hold?

Low throttle then will not kill the motors but cause the quad to decend slowly. If he was high enough 30-40m ( i presume you mean metres not cm) is not that far to drift.

I mean cm dave, we flew very low when that happened. The part whether he was in altitude hold or not, he said he put it back to stabilize but still motor spinning and he said he put the throttle stick to lowest position.

Weird! Are you using sonar? Have you been back and double checked your modes - sorry if this basic stuff, just trying to rule things out.

We're not using sonar, just barometer in APM2.

Yeah, this is weird, I've build many multicopter with APM2 and this is the first time it happening.

Since I'm not operating the quad myself I can recall what flight mode is effective when the quad out of control.

I only have 3 modes setup, Stabilize, Alt Hold and Loiter. Based on the log we just use Stabilized and Alt Hold.

I'm ok with basic question, with such complex system sometime we forgot basic thing :)

I also would like to understand the issue, but as of now I'm a bit afraid of Alt Hold.

Hi Gordon,

Can you describe what you did to fit 1.6 on an APM1 1280?

I bit the bullet, and bought a 2560 board from Sparkfun, flew the quad around in a small garden, seems very stable, again :-)

I don't see any of the yaw issues some are reporting either.

I don´t think the baby found home!

It looked to me as if it was in a near-Earth orbit ;-)

Joachim

Hi nice video i am just about to add my APM2 to my X650 :-) just have to work out how to mount it?

at the end of the video were did the quad go?? as it looks as if it went way past your filming position?

Its happening again guys. This time I'm more prepared.

So I fly low about 40cm, and I put the throttle down till the lowest position, the copter also went down, motors seems about to stop but when it reach the ground the motor suddenly spins (my throtle stick still in the lowest position). The copter flip and I imediatelly switch to Stabilize.

Unfortunatelly this time my datalog does not work at all.

I'm not really sure whether this is the correct behavior that we expect, but personally I would expect the copter to stop spinning when I cut the throttle or pull my stick to lowest position cause when we're in emergency and become panic, our fastest reaction will be pull down the throttle. Sometime in that situation we might not remember to put back the copter in stabilize mode. Dev team, please don't take this as complaint, this is my suggestion so we can have better Arducopter. :)

Anyway Arducopter 2.6 rockss......

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service