Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!

Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect.  If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.

The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.

Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
     - MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]

- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]

- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]

- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]

- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]

- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]

- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]

- flip & acro improvements [Jason]

- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]

- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]

Bug fixes include:

- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]

- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]

- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]

- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]

- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]

- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]

- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]

Tuning:
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props.  If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs.  Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.

All feedback welcome below.  Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list.  When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).

Happy flying!

Views: 64328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bonjour Marco

Excellent, bien fait, je l'espère pour reproduire vos vols ce week-end avec mon quad & 2.6 
  , je suis en attente de vos compétences et ...... la même casquette ...! .. 
Daniel

A croire que la capacité n'est pas si compliqué, mais pour le casquette n'est pas facile de trouver ce la même chose... :-)
Bonne chance et amusez-vous!

The piezzo for deasarm or arm is no longer on the AN5 analog with this version ?

yes of course!

congratulations for your tests and commitments that benefit us all
; the weekend in Auvergne (France looks bad not great) I hope the flights will be up to my expectations
You had good flights

Please get post some flash logs, most importantly, enable PID logging, and set Ch6 to tune pitch control, that way it will log the pitch control data.  Very important.

I wonder if what's happening is your PID settings are stable when the battery is fresh, but as power droops with the bat voltage, you are getting some instability maybe due to your I term.  If your I term is too high, it might be OK normally, but you only get into instability when motor power drops.

It should be.  I attempted to leave that function unchanged by default.  Are you having a problem?  Can you give me exacting details on your setup?  Go into your params, and you'll see a new param called LED_Mode.  What is the value?

If I messed up, I'll fix it on the next minor rev, you'll get your piezo back, don't worry.

I tested the jdrones Arducopter Hexa V2.5.5, stock pids with Rate Roll P = 0.1, Stabilize control P = 3.5, I = 0.01, Imax = 2.000, Trim throttle = 450.
Flight: Stabilize (Throttle only, No pitch/roll/yaw)
Results: Smooth flight but the hexa landed at a distance of around 70 feet from take off location

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx62tSBHFQQ&feature=youtu.be

Can someone explain the reason why the hex travels when i am only applying the throttle and no pitch/yaw/roll ??

Should i now upload V2.6 or its better off to stick with V2.5.5 and improve on it?

Good news, I've found a fast digital servo for my tri in a box of bits! 

Results however are exactly the same, at Stab_yaw_p of 3, the tri's tail is very obedient, but very slow. At 7, it is almost unusable, ask the tri to turn to the west from north and sometimes it will bounce from south to north almost before settling

Is there a way that i can increase the rate, but keep the stab_p lower?

@ R_lefebvre - could you send me over the dead-band patch please, I'd like to see if it has an influence.

I'm not sure i understand, do you mean you did not give any stick input on roll/pitch. If so you hexa will stay level but just blow away in the wind. If you want it to stay where it is then you need to change mode, to either poistion hold(manual throttle) or loiter.

Definitely 2.6 from mission planner.

Yes Dave, i just gave the throttle to raise it, got to around 100 ft altitude and then when landed it was approximately 100 ft away from the take off position. I gave no Roll/Pitch inputs, but you can see from the video link i posted that at take off it moved away from the take off location and as the altitude increased, the distance b/w the takeoff and landing location also increased.

Is it only the wind or something else that drifted it away from the takeoff location (because there was not too much wind today)?

Yes that and your hexa may not have been perfectly level. If you want to stay in one place you must use loiter or position hold.

No, that's it. The APM software is 1.0, and the Mission Planner will detect and ask you to run the 1.0 (if you haven't already).

You can tell the difference in the MAVLINK messages. They used to be a bunch of characters with "U" at the beginning. Now, I get "Q" as the first repeating character. That's the new MAVLInk I believe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service