Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect. If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.
The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.
Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
- MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]
- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]
- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]
- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]
- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]
- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]
- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]
- flip & acro improvements [Jason]
- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]
- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]
Bug fixes include:
- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]
- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]
- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]
- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]
- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]
- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]
- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs. Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
All feedback welcome below. Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).
Sounds good. I will keep digging and hopefully come up with a solution soon!
Logs are not working right. Does anyone have logs working perfectly?
I have an APM1 loaded with 2.6. At first, I only received small log entries with no data for each test run. After some fiddling, I now get logs with data in them, but it’s not even close to right. Here are the issues I see:
1) for a 30 second static test run (arm, wait 30 seconds, disarm), I get 7 log entries. For a 90 second static test run, I get 3 logs. The first log appears to be correct in every run, but the other logs are combinations of empty logs and logs from previous runs. See the attachment for a screen shot of my logs directory to see what I’m talking about.
2) I made a test run with two segments (the last run in the attachment). The first segment was logged as the first entry in the directory but the second 90 second segment was lost – no data was found for it. To create the first 90 second segment, I armed and then ran up the throttle to 100 percent (no motors) for 3 seconds every 10 seconds. Then I disarmed, waited 10 seconds. Then I armed again and run up the throttle every 5 seconds for one second. Then disarmed and checked the log. I used the throttle up duration to mark entries in the log that I could trace. The first segment was seen but the second was lost. Oh and the battery was connected the whole time.
3) When I enter the “download logs” dialog of mission planner I get garbage characters interspersed with the correct characters. For example, when clearing the logs, I get:
”3* ? Erasing Logs ?*?3l ?”
where * is a weird small el character. This did not happen under 2.5.4
Is it just me or is anyone else having issues with 2.6 logs?
My apm memory card had several logs (maybe from v2.55). with 2.6 installed I deleted all logs and since have had no logs being saved. Logs are enabled, wasn't sure if it was a 2.6 fw issue or something I might have done wrong!
No weird chars here in cli (once its connected and had three return keys)...
Sonar is reading low (about 2/3rds real height) The signal was clean in the old logs...
Think I might re-install v2.55 and do some checks, see what is working etc, for comparison.
I thought I had lost all my logs as well when i switched to 2.6 however I found them in a different folder from where I use to have them save to. Now that MP is installed as a program then it has all it folders in C:/programs.etc and that's where I found the logs.
Ronnie: This is a bug. RTL_LAND in 2.6 currently needs to be enabled for auto approach to work. I have fixed the bug, but you wont see the fix until the next release.
I fixed the bug that requires RTL LAND to be enabled for auto approach to work. Should be in the next release.
My pleasure. It was a 2 second fix.
I would like to know if arducopter v2.6 support ac2 optical flow sensor?
are there any different use this sensor for position hold without gps ?
anybody try this sensor for arducopter v2.6 ?
Migrated back to 2.5.4 and all is well. Why am I the only person to observe bad 2.6 logs? I must be doing something worng, but am having a hard time figuring out what that might be.......
Also, while testing 2.6 Loiter, had a bad crash - it seemed like as the loiter circle expanded and I started to reel it back in, somehow the controls became reversed - forward bings the copter toward me. I figured that out way too late (my heart racing at 250 beats per minute didn't help) and the copter collided wth a tree - not to much damage, thank god. Since logs were not working, all crash reconstruction is lost.
I think I'll stay with 2.5.4 for awhile.
NOW trunk is too big for the 1280 without digging for some more to turn off.