Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!

Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect.  If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.

The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.

Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
     - MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]

- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]

- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]

- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]

- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]

- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]

- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]

- flip & acro improvements [Jason]

- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]

- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]

Bug fixes include:

- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]

- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]

- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]

- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]

- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]

- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]

- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]

Tuning:
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props.  If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs.  Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.

All feedback welcome below.  Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list.  When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).

Happy flying!

Views: 64326

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John,

the "on the ground" level is with a ~10sec disarm command.  in any case once levelled it should stay that way after cycling the power to APM, i dont know what could cause it to show such a huge error in roll.

james

Looks like you have lots of steel bolts and screws in that frame. That’s a very big problem for the magnetic compass and may block or scramble GPS signals as well. Replace all those with aluminum or nylon screws then recalibrate the compass.

Fastenersexpress.com has the aluminum hardware that you need. I really don’t understand why they make kits with steel parts when it’s not compatible with controllers with compass/GPS.

I have both types of pinouts with no noticeable difference. The current thread about GPS lock on the APM2, which you maybe reading, has highlighted the sources of noise that can effect a GPS... uBEC, ESC's, and Telemetry.  Noise can be through the air or through wire.  I use a number of toroids on my Quads for that reason.

Finally manage to get a flight between showers with out the sonar and proved that the sonar is not the problem.

Alt hold was reasonably good before I fitted the sonar so I am a little confused.

I will try reinstalling the firmware and see if I can get it flying how it was.

Thanks Mike. Can you link me to that thread. Try as I might I've only found one, and it's going nowhere.

Still got no lock, depite being naked. Whilst you've given a good point about the steel hardware, and possible noise, it doesn't explain why it achieved lock with 2.5 FW.

That little patch antenna on the GPS module should be fairly focused, about 70 degree I believe, so I kind of doubt the RF's being blocked.

Locks fine when plugged in via USB, both with and without main battery being plugged in.

I'll try pulling the APM2 clear of the everything tonight, and see if that makes a difference.

thanks for the ongoing assistance!

regards,

Owen

Yes you have to get it out of there and up and out of the way from power cables and other electronics.

I can't think of any reason why this would be related to code (and I'm not having any MTK GPS lock issues with any of my copter running 2.6). Can you pull your APM 2 out and try it by itself, powered by an ESC?

Hi Chris.

Thanks for that.

Interesting results. If I power from the ESC BEC I get 4.93v going into the APM, and just 4.63v feeding the GPS module, and no lock.

But if I feed it directly with a ni-cad pack of 6xAA's, I get 5.2 v into the APM, and 4.84v at the GPS module and a rapid lock (sub 2 mins)

I suspect the fact I'm also powering an minimOSD (not working yet, same issue as http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/missing-overlay-on-gopro-hero2-si... )

which I installed after 2.6 FW update.

So a dedicated BEC might be the answer? 

double posting

sorry

Hello I am new here,

My copter flies very well to date (APM2 2.6).

Unfortunately Loiter is not quite accurate.  What parameters should I change so that the copter stays in one place?

Thanks in advance.

regards

Georg 

Hi,

If i unsolder compass module from APM1, place it like DJI style with cable and change orientation, do i need to comple code manually with edited module position like manual says:

http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_Magnetos

or is the new position handled with calibration in MP??

Regards Jani

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service