Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!

Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect.  If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.

The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.

Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
     - MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]

- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]

- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]

- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]

- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]

- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]

- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]

- flip & acro improvements [Jason]

- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]

- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]

Bug fixes include:

- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]

- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]

- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]

- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]

- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]

- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]

- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]

Tuning:
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props.  If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs.  Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.

All feedback welcome below.  Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list.  When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).

Happy flying!

Views: 64360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He guys,

First of all sorry if this post looks a bit rushed... but I just spent 15 minutes of writing post... and then the browser crashed.. :D aaaaah.

Any way.. I am following this tread with great interest, however still have some problems as many other people I guess and I couldn't find the answer yet. I hope to some new responses by differing my questions toward fellow member and maybe the developers :)

Currently I am flying a F450 Quad with 4x 850Kv Motors and 10" props. (AMP1) I use one Hyperion 5000mah battery. No landing gear or camera gear at the moment. In other words (except for the battery which is mounted below the frame) a pretty light and straight forward setup.

After the upgrade to 2.6, I experience a severe aggressive copter, that was more difficult to control. After arming with the throttle stick centered it takes with so much power that I have to drop throttle back to approx 25%. Lower then that and the engines will stop / stall. Now what I understood from previous post is that the Max / Min throttle input was altered (lower / higher values compared to 2.5.5)

Now my questions:

1. Is there somebody that can help me with the PID setting for a F450 frame, 850Kv Motor + 10" Props, making it more smoother to fly? (I have standard PID settings at the moment).
  2. Is there already a work around for this power output issue (making my current config take off like a rocket)? (Sorry if this is already addressed.)

Every advise is welcome! I hoping to take my baby out for a little spin tomorrow.

Cheers,

Paul 

Palo, wait for the new release of ArduCopter, there's great news about RTL, AUTO, Loiter, etc.....

Cheers, Marco

I'm sure this is posted somewhere.. but I did search for about 20min and could not find it.  Is there a full listing of the default PIDS for arducopter 2.6?

I've been tweaking and putzing too much with my PIDS and would like to return to the default values.

I wish this forum had a thread search feature.

Hi John,
You can get the defaults from Config.h . The description and ranges of all parameters are here: http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/wiki/APM_Parameters . I recommend looking at Config.h for the particular version of code that you're working with, as the defaults change quite a bit as the team tunes aspects of the code.

JohnB: You can also reset your EEPROM in the CLI, which will take you back to the default parameters. One good trick is to save a config file with the default parameters and then use the Mission Planner's "compare" function to compare it with your current parameters. 

I agree about the search. This is the worst forum I have ever seen when it comes to finding information. They definitely need to get better forum software.

I always use the clear EEPROM method and reload the firmware. After that you can save all the parameters to a file so you will always have a reference. It’s an easy to read text file.

Surely you just need to reload the firmware via Mission Planner ?

When I do that, the software asks/tells me that it will overwrite previous settings, not so ?

Mike, I wouldn't put it quite so harshly, but I too would like to see the forum split along the different airframes, and maybe now also the different APM's.

I have three APM1's, two that I've upgraded to 2560 boards.

One quad, one conventional airplane, and a third that is to go in either an X8, or a 2.8 meter powered glider type UAV :-)

No way I'm going to dump those, and get APM 2 :-(

The 1280 board flies my foamie perfectly well.

I agree.

Thanks.. I saved what I had 'pre-reset config' and then reset.  Then saved the defaults in a different file 'defaults'.

Now I can pick and choose what it was from the old config I want to keep.  Love this compare feature.

Most my post here, I complain about something.. had a crash… loiter did not work..

Well today is different..  Built a new Hex and everything with the flying was perfect. !!!

Super stable, nothing new there…  Loiter worked, can you believe it !!.. 

(my loiter has never worked right because the GPS popped of my AMP2 a while back so I installed an external one MP shows the GPS working, but Loiter was dumb)

But today… with a new APM2…. I did a mission at 1m/s… 120 foot out and back and auto land… Perfect !!!!.. nice and slow

Oh and Loiter… not much wind…  flip the switch… bam.. stays within 10 foot Radius..

Good job guys…. I built and coded an autonomous boat for my research work to survey 24 hours non stop… So I know what it takes...

Eddie Weeks

www.jetlens.com

I think everyone here in the forum you understand very well :)

good luck and have fun with your first flight...

ciao Klaus from Germany

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service