Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect. If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.
The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.
Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
- MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]
- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]
- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]
- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]
- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]
- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]
- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]
- flip & acro improvements [Jason]
- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]
- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]
Bug fixes include:
- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]
- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]
- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]
- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]
- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]
- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]
- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs. Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
All feedback welcome below. Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).
Can you share your config + PID settings?
i need help to know what to do to resolve this problem... See this video:
what could be? hear the motors spin up sometimes.. (at 0:49 sec)
ArduCopter V2.7 release candidate in the download area:
Features and Improvements:
Better loiter, especially with the new 3DR uBlox GPS. Check out the video from Marco here!
Better yaw control
Better DCM implementation, resulting in noticeably smoother flight
Better camera control, including improved setup in the Mission Planner
AP_Limits library: Altitude limits and geofencing
Better altitude control in ALT_HOLD and better altitude transitions
Better "flip" code
Fix to dataflash erasing, which should resolve an issue some users were having
Fix some MAVLink commands
Fix Circle command
Fix some units
i changed only Stabilize P from 4.500 to 3.800
and Rate P from 0.180 to 0.120
because i use T-Motor 2208-18 1100kv with T-Motor 20A esc
I am grateful for the work by you and the group. V2.6 has been a great jump in performance for me, look forward to trying this and testing any improvement in the stock GPS. I may have the nerve to record a waypoint or two, instead of just loitering and RTL.
I have another APM2 on order with the new GPS and am looking forward to trying the new firmware when it arrives. Does anyone know the current delay time between ordering and shipping?
Oh, and check out:
Here is a Link to one of my last flights. Here you could see, my GPS is not so exactly as i hoped. It fly in Loiter an radius of 10 - 15 meter.
Hope someone could help me with my Settings:
Maybe this is not the right place, but discussion "2.7 released" is not started yet:
I downloaded ACM v2.7 and tried to compile in arduine and got this error:
C:\APM\ArduCopter-2.7\libraries\AP_Baro\AP_Baro.cpp: In member function 'float AP_Baro::get_altitude()':
C:\APM\ArduCopter-2.7\libraries\AP_Baro\AP_Baro.cpp:91: error: 'log' was not declared in this scope
Can somebody help me to get it compileable?
Make sure the correct Sketchbook location is set in Arduino Preferences?
did you get GPS lock before check it out?
if you didn't get GPS lock it would show you stabilize even you set another mode...