Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!

Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect.  If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.

The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.

Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
     - MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]

- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]

- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]

- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]

- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]

- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]

- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]

- flip & acro improvements [Jason]

- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]

- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]

Bug fixes include:

- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]

- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]

- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]

- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]

- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]

- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]

- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]

Tuning:
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props.  If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs.  Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.

All feedback welcome below.  Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list.  When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).

Happy flying!

Views: 64327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I finally have my Tricopter set up and flying nicely. My yaw is pretty good except for a tiny slow wag at neutral. It’s only noticeable when hovering and looking directly at the tail. I’m going to try next week to get rid of it.

Acro, stable, Altitude hold and loiter are all good. RTL works well but lands somewhere in a thirty foot circle which seems a little sloppy.

I have two questions.

1/ When you set the return to launch altitude is it in meters or centimeters?

2/ I have only activated the RTL  from 100 to 150 yards away and it comes back with out turning to face home. Is this normal?

Bob

Has a Flight Repeater/Copier ever been considered?

I.e. you fly a pattern and the 'copter records and then at the flick of a switch repeats the pattern you've just flown.

Robert,

would you upload you params for your TRICOPTER please?

Rob, I can answer Q2. Yes it's normal (code-wise why should it bother to turn) I found this out on the quad!

Of course if you have a camera on board  then it doesn't stay looking in front!

In a mission you can change headings between WP's so that it faces where it's going next so not all is lost...

Q1 is meters (I think)

Palo,

Here are the Parameters and the specs on the Tricopter. 

Tricopter V2.5 with APM2

- 3/32 aircraft ply main plates & 1/2 x 1/2 basswood arms.
- 3/32 piano wire landing gear.
- DT750 motors.
- HK Blue series 20 AMP ESCs
- 9x5 2 blade GWS props all going in the same direction. 
- GWS Naro 19g  .07 sec digital servo linkage is 1 to 1.
- 2  3 cell 2200 mah lipo in parallel.
- Front arms are shifted back a bit for balance.
Attachments:

Thanks,

I tried 20 meters but it is coming back at what ever altitude it's at when I engage RTL.

Your right cm for alt, look in 'commands_logic.pde'

Just thought that I would chime in. I have been following your code updates with interest. I am one of those comuter challanged people and need to wait for it included in the code to try it.

Bob

No, I'm not using a linkage. I've just got the servo horn fixed directly to the yaw mechanism. It works well!

Like this:

When I built the tricopter I looked hard at that but decided in the end to use a linkage so I would have some adjustment.

Thanks Robert.

I'll do test with your params.

hello all
thx for your new version...i have a question about the error of the stab mode....i have a test stand,so while i test the quad on it (pitch) and give it throttle to be stable it make up but it starts oscillate between +- 0,5 to 1 degree....is it acceptable or it should be 0 degree error?
regards  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service