Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect. If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.
The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.
Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
- MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]
- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]
- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]
- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]
- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]
- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]
- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]
- flip & acro improvements [Jason]
- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]
- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]
Bug fixes include:
- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]
- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]
- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]
- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]
- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]
- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]
- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs. Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
All feedback welcome below. Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).
Just use a switch on your radio for emergency, for this switch you just have to program throttle to be down, yaw to be left and flight mode to be in stabilize, that way you sure to disarm your copter.
Thanks John !
Logging, cam stab, does that take a lot of space, can it be disabled safely ?
1.6 seems to achieve most of the original goals aimed for, when I started with this hardware more than a year ago.
Huge waste, to just dump the present APM1......
stock motor Xaircraft , 10x9.45 props
cut video till that part, the quad went pasted me and make circle at launch point (actually at my back) and i dont have "object tracker" for my camera to show you:) sorry ,
how to change loiter after RTL (reached my launch point). and how make RTL return slowly.
i just use default PID.
does the new version of MP still require Net framework 3.5? One a new laptop I'm having trouble installing UARTS and the ports aren't showing up in MP Also the arm and disarm text is missing
Loiter & Manual Landing
RTL & Manual Landing
i realised that i landing smoothly because new firmware have throtle management . is that true? when i throtled down, feel that the quad descending slowly and smooth.
and i dont like circle after RTL reached. how to change loiter mode after RTL reached their point?
you will see, the traction kite guys with me asking about your apm2 :)
i mounting my apm2..
NEVER!!! try to take off or land in loiter or alt hold!!! NEVER EVER!!!!!
Always use manual or stab to take off and land (i'd recommend stab), when you try to land in alt-HOLD you are simply telling the APM to decend, if there is ground in the way, it will keep spinning its motors trying to decend on the level.
I would suggest now it a god time to go back through the WIKI and re-read all the warnings - if it was working atm...
I've you hold throttle down in loiter or alt-hold, it is asking the APM to decent slowly - so the motors will continue to spin.
ONCE MORE - ALWAYS LAND OR TAKE OFF in STAB or ACRO (unless you are doing auto landing/take off)
NEVER - try to take off or land in alt_hold or Loiter - it's gonna cause a crash. (remember alt_hold is for holding altitude (the bonus of being able to ascend or decent whilst in the mode SHOULD NOT BE ABUSED!!!!
IS THAT CLEAR NOW :)
Change nav speed to 3m/s, its very purposeful then ;)
One more time then...
DO NOT TRY TO LAND WHILST IN ALT-HOLD/LOITER!!!!
You can ascend or decent, but loiter and alt-hold are for use IN THE AIR!!!!!
If for example you touch the ground in alt_Hold and the ground is not level, the copter will try to level itself and therefore probably flip since its not flying anymore and you have fouled at least one of its feet on the ground!!!
If you have to land in loiter or alt_HOLD (accident or emergency) you MUST switch to STAB or ACRO immediately to prevent the motors/APM spinniing and trying to level.
tq.. will test again tomorrow..