ArduCopter 2.7.1 will become available on Mission Planner and in the downloads area shortly. This release contains a few important bug fixes as well as the first implementation of the MPU6000 sensor-fusion code. 

Detailed changes are in the commit log. Here's a summary:

New:

- Preliminary support for MPU6000 on board sensor-fusion (DMP)

- AP_Limits: Experimental "bounce" mode, for smaller spaces (LIM_RECMODE)

Bugs:

- Bug fix for yaw error buildup on takeoff

- Fix in Auto mode for failsafe handling

- Fixes to 3-axis camera gimbal code

Views: 37211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go to the config list then make sure the Yaw is set to 0

then it will work correctly.

Thanks for posting, and for all of the hard work Andreas, as well as all of the developers. I have a few questions regarding Limits (i.e. GeoFence) I love the idea of bounce mode. Can I enable/disable it with a switch - let's say channel 8? Also, can I abort an RTL after a fence breach by momentarily turning off limits and then right back on again? My thought was to do this with a mix of the enable switch and another momentary switch on the radio, and of course on the enable channel 7.

Most GeoFence parameters seem to be either grayed-out or ineffective in the GUI in the mission planner since it's V1.2 release. Is it my installation or is this a real bug?

I loaded the 2.7.1 HIL firmware on my APM 2.0 for testing with FlightGear. However, I could not connect to the APM from the Mission Planner. I reloaded the Hexa firmware and verified that I could connect. Then re-loaded the HIL firmware to verify that I still could not connect to it with this firmware loaded. Any ideas?

The GeoFence GUI appears to have been fixed in the V1.2.2 release of the Mission Planner. 

Hi,

I replaced my APM1 on the Xaircraft frame with the APM2 and loaded 2.7.1

Stab: very stable.

Alt hold: same problem with APM2 and previous tests with other frames, When switching to AH at for example 2m, the quad rises to about 4m and stays there. When stabelized AH is very good. But I would like to hover at about 2m so I can loiter by pulling a leg and let it come back to its previous position. No can do at 4 m :-( Also no sonar installed. When switching to AH when higher it stays fix.

Loiter: still jerky with MTK gps. Can this be tuned out with PID settings?  

Vincent, you should be able to control the Alt Hold height with the throttle. If you want better loiter, the single most effective thing you can do is upgrade to a 3DR uBlox 6 GPS. That should give you DJI-quality loiter (which makes sense, since they use a similar GPS).

Chris,

I'll try the AH trick and lowering it back to about 2m but to be honest why does it rise when it should stay at the desired height when switching (I know its only 2m)

I also gonna try installing the sonar again and see if it makes a difference.

Concerning the gps upgrade, not to be negative, but this is my third APM after 2 years of tinckering and still don't have the same performance as the DJI, hence again I have to collect all my pennies for another upgrade. I probably will have to eventualy .......

Hi all, the camera servos jitter badly. MP 1.2.2 and Quad 2.7.1.

I changed the parameters listed in the manual (function 7, MAX and MIN) but still no success.

What can be done to fix this?

I do think you'll be impressed by the uBlox. And it's worth noting that even three APMs plus a uBlox is still about 1/3 the price of the equivalent DJI Wookong M system with 50 waypoints (fewer than ArduCopter) ;-)

I was going to ask if you had sonar connected as it can cause problems.  Last night I tried an RTH, and... well I'm pretty sure I exceeded the 400' limit because it was WAY up there before I decided enough was enough.  I haven't looked at those logs yet.

Bug report:  When loaded on my hexa via the MP, props will not spin at the same speed and throttle response is very week.  I suspected having loaded the code for a tri by mistake but that was not the case.  So basically I wasn't able to fly it.

When I loaded the 2.7 i had the same issue. I found out the the upgrade in firmware erased my esc cal. I had to re cal. the esc and it work good. However i still have the issue with opposite motors spinning up on throttle up and the others not. I then bring throttle down to idle again and try again and then they all start. I have re cal. the esc multiple times and same thing every flight. This was not an issue on 2.6 what might have changed?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service