ArduCopter 2.7.1 will become available on Mission Planner and in the downloads area shortly. This release contains a few important bug fixes as well as the first implementation of the MPU6000 sensor-fusion code. 

Detailed changes are in the commit log. Here's a summary:

New:

- Preliminary support for MPU6000 on board sensor-fusion (DMP)

- AP_Limits: Experimental "bounce" mode, for smaller spaces (LIM_RECMODE)

Bugs:

- Bug fix for yaw error buildup on takeoff

- Fix in Auto mode for failsafe handling

- Fixes to 3-axis camera gimbal code

Views: 37230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, excuse me, I beg you pardon, please  don´t google anything for me. I only wanted to thank you for the video link 

I have another stupid apm 2 question:

From my understanding Loiter mode is pos hold mode and altitude hold mode combined.

So i tuned PID for Thr/Alt and POS Hold/loiter. Alt hold works now and pos hold also (both not very well yet). But when i switch in LOITER Mode it does a few meters jump in the air! I didn't expect that. I expected a swinging quad with a few m radius and max 1 m change in altitude. Does it take the very unprecise GPS altitude into account instead of just using the more precise baro? How can i turn off this behaviour. Is it a feature or a error?

So long

Rob

:D don't need to apologise, asking is not a stupid matter. Regarding the alt hold, I'm having the same problem. In 2.6 I had a very good alt hold, but now either goes to the ground or jumps. I'm using APM1 and I know the baro isn't very accurate, even worse is that I have been flying with lots of wind wich can cause sudden pressure changes causing the baro to get wrong information, so I'm waiting for calmer days to tune it. According to description on version 2.54 (if I'm not wrong) and 2.6, you had to fly for 1 minute or 2, maitaining altitude manually as stable as you could so the APM could catch that value and use it as hover point. I don't know if this is still the procedure. You also have the option of using ch 7 to set your hover point with the flick of a switch. About an hour ago I think I managed to get a good alt hold but I'm waiting for the wind to vanish in order to fine tune it. Also, if you have throttle rate too high, the quad will start to "bounce" up and down untill it eventually touches the ground. You may want to use ch6 (attached to a variable channel like a pot) to tune the throttle rate p to have it as stable as possible.

Darren, Its really great to hear, can you share your parameter file and info on which ESC's and Motors you used ?

Any video please...

Yep, i am abusing my Ch6 Poti the whole day now. :). The sudden hight jump when activating loiter could be a FW issue, because it is not happening when turning on alt hold alone. Alt Hold without a proper integration of ACC Z values (like NAZA does) is halfbaked anyway. Sudden height changes can only be detected and compensated by accelerometer. You can expect a valid height (+- 50 cm) from BMP085 by averaging and sorting out crazy values every 0,5s. Ms baro may be faster and more precise but can not replace ACC Z interpretation. I doubt that this FW has a way of fusing baro and acc data. Normally you turn on althold at hoverpoint anyway and not during rising or falling. Besides this there is no real hoverpoint because the Lipo degrades during flight and the hoverpoint rises. So a proper "I" must compensate this. But getting a proper error "I" from noisy barodata is difficult without the fusion of ACC data..... BTW on my mwii i covered the baro (bmp) with foam, on my apm2 the baro is inaccessably buried below the gps board - grrrr.

It is windy here as well, i will try to tune alt hold anyway....

Thank you for your hoverpoint hint, i will look into this perhaps it helps.

So long

Rob

Rui is right: the ESC whose BEC is providing power the board will always get hotter. 

Hi!

Assuming that your setup is beyond 940gr as well you will get better handling from 10 inch props.

Have you "ecalced" your setup (http://www.ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc_e.htm?ecalc) ?

I experienced a lot of broken 10 Inch "cheapo" props until i changed to APC.

So long

Rob

I had exactly the same problem after updatung to 2.7, My quad pitched forward and all the motors stopped suddenly.

Chuck: Do you have a tlog you could post of this flight?

Unless you are flying a custom frame, always try with the standard PIDS. I do so, and all I have to play around a bit is RATE_P (first) and a bit of STAB_P.

Also in the parameters list there is the option to compare saved parameters, so in order to import old settings you can do that.

No same problem with my APM1 ...

ERASE/RESET  before with my 2.6, after I upload the 2.7.1 and remade a ERASE/RESET . after I made a recalibration and configure mode etc .... I'm test and two motor works, I modified the PID and it's possible to fly but the motor cut ....

After many many test, I upload the 2.6 and load my config, no problem to fly ...

What ESCs are you using? I wonder if they behave differently from the standard 3DR/Jdrones/Turnigy ones we test against.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service