ArduCopter 2.7.1 will become available on Mission Planner and in the downloads area shortly. This release contains a few important bug fixes as well as the first implementation of the MPU6000 sensor-fusion code. 

Detailed changes are in the commit log. Here's a summary:

New:

- Preliminary support for MPU6000 on board sensor-fusion (DMP)

- AP_Limits: Experimental "bounce" mode, for smaller spaces (LIM_RECMODE)

Bugs:

- Bug fix for yaw error buildup on takeoff

- Fix in Auto mode for failsafe handling

- Fixes to 3-axis camera gimbal code

Views: 37157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mission Planner will only install the latest version of firmware. Check the Wiki for how to downgrade. I'd tell you if I knew.
Allen, that is specified in the YouTube video description.

Stab fine! Turn to Alt_Hold wait 3~5 secs and the quad descends.

Tried it and the same happened four times in sucession.
This is with v2.71
This is the first time I've experienced this! Only difference this time from any other is that I'm using the apm v5 board.

Any ideas?

cli still says dataFlash not inserted so no help from there yet...

Peter

I cant find an updated wiki for the new APM2.5 board. Is there one?

I'm a reporter for Metro International newspapers (www.readmetro.com), and am working on a story about DIY drones. Sorry to jump into your technical discussions! I'm interested in speaking with drone enthusiasts about why this is such a compelling activity, what your drones do and what their potential is. Please feel free to contact me at elisabeth.braw@metro.lu.

Many thanks,

Elisabeth

hi all:
Some information on improvements to the v2.7.2
http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/downloads/detail?name=ArduCopte...

and upload it to the quad and this weekend to fly

Norman I dont see any info, just the download...

Thanks for your quick response

to test this weekend.

Im scared that my Xbee will get bricked again as this only started to happen with 2.7 and later.  I've gone back to 2.6 for the time being and will wait until the bricking issue has been sorted...

I've been flying v2.72b, not surprisingly its much like 2.71.

What I seem to have noticed is that each progressive upgrade appears to diverge from what my quad works best with! This trend has happened starting with 2.7. It has severe shakes, need to back off rate_p.

Dropping while in alt_hold or loiter mode (kind of unplanned controlled decent), this started happening after changing to apm 2.5 tested and noticible in 2.71, 2.72b. When this happens, taking throttle to full makes no difference! What is most odd is that at sucessive attempts it's steady as a rock and will stay there until the battery is exhausted. Then the problem can return again.

Sonar mode looks ok, but higher up using baro I had a up/down springing as if it was on a trampoline, up/down movement about 10ft. Never had this before.

Loiter in sonar range is perfect (no wind), suddenly a breeze picked up and the quad was slow to respond, being blown downwind about 15~20ft but eventually returning to the right point on the ground.

Problem is I have no access to the dataFlash since changing over to apm2.5 so no logs which is becoming a major problem now.

I have this feeling that the v2.5 hardware there is something different, reacts differently from v1.41

Peter

Similar results here - whle 2.6 was smooth as can be, anything later gives mine Parkinson's syndrome- it shakes kind of erratically, and every now and then slides off to one side or the other. I brought Rate P down to .1, I to 0, and d to .001 and it flies but there is still evidence of erratic flying, and it is apparent these numbers should not be that low. (My quad has no vibration probs, it is a thing of beauty under 2.6.)  The shakes are somewhat subdued but not gone. and more than once I found myself holding the stick way over to keep hover, other times it hovered with stick in middle.

In 2.6 I had altitude hold issues, but I had great luck raising AltHold Thrust rate P to .7 from .3, and  altitude hold P up to 1.0 from .3.  The thrust rate is important to keep it from dropping and the P value should be as high as possible until it oscillates. My AH is virtually flawless now.

With versions before 2.7 I could always fly with default pids fairly well, and only slight changes were ever needed. I would be amazed if anyone can fly with the defaults now.

Attachments:

MARCO:

Now that 2.7.2 is available I have read some reports on ALT HOLD and LOITER that indicate some issues in stability.  Do you recommend I download and use 2.7.2 on my Flame Wheel Quad (850 motors, 20 amp ESCs and 10" props) and my DIY Drones QUAD with same motors, ESCs and Props?

Thank you

Allen

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service