ArduCopter 2.7.1 will become available on Mission Planner and in the downloads area shortly. This release contains a few important bug fixes as well as the first implementation of the MPU6000 sensor-fusion code. 

Detailed changes are in the commit log. Here's a summary:

New:

- Preliminary support for MPU6000 on board sensor-fusion (DMP)

- AP_Limits: Experimental "bounce" mode, for smaller spaces (LIM_RECMODE)

Bugs:

- Bug fix for yaw error buildup on takeoff

- Fix in Auto mode for failsafe handling

- Fixes to 3-axis camera gimbal code

Views: 37157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Randy, thanks for the reply.. i did find it in the end but had to compile the code...

However this is not what I was really after. I think it maybe called UltraPWM.  The Xaircraft ESC use 100 to 1200 us pulse widths.

I did find some info on it but was hoping it might already be in the code APM1 verison.

Any Thoughts

Richard

Actually, you should set Battery Type to NI-xx (even you are running on Lipo), which will disable voltage cut off completely.

I'll add that my xbee bricked for the very first time straight after loading 2.7.1.

Coincidence? Who knows.

Darren, thanks for sharing your PID screenshot for the 10x4.5 prop with, DJI clone 450 frame, Turnigy 900kv motors.

Ah Ha !! ... I know for a fact my ESC's are set to medium. They stop the quad flying when the batt voltage gets to 10.6V . Sometimes it rolls over on landing. I will do this right now !  Thankyou !!

Does this mean I will get longer flight times after I set it to low ?  I'm getting 14mins without FPV kit mounted with a 3 cell 8000mah lipo

Problem found, as I saw further in this tread, the cutoff voltage was set to Middle instead of Low on the front motor, that explains why it pitched forward when the battery got low.

Sorry about the false alarm.

Charles

Video from my house, on a short mission...  1:20 long

Eddie

Hi guys sorry not been posting much lately just been so busy.. anyway I still have mt trusty APM 1 and moved onto the APM 2 but after just bench testing for a month I decided to add this to a frame FM450 but it would not power up at the out rail

this has now been resolved and I now have my APM2 up and running (thanks to everyone involved) So here are a few pic's

As you can see I have mounted the a plate to the frame with anti vibration foam and then mounted the protective box on to that plate with anti vibration foam. I have also fixed the new 3DR GPS to the top with the same foam.

Loaded the new 2.7.1 and with out touching anything it is rock solid :-) a wee bit of fine tuning and it will be there. I hope to do some testing later today and report back and maybe a video if I have time.

I'm using a frame like this for my test quad. With MP32 (Arducopter32 arm), 10x4.7 props, turnigy 1050kv motors and a 3s 6000mah nanotech battery, I'm getting 25 minutes of flight time plus 1/2 minutes for landing :) seems to me a very good time. And I'm not talking of 25m hovering, but really pushing it a bit.

I have asked this before, but got no answer. Can anyone explain how AHRS GPS gain works ? What is it supposed to do ? What behaviour should we expect ? Thanks

From what I see in source code its not currently supported. (AP_AHRS_MPU6000.h)

That's very good flight time, around 12-13A average current, I get 15 minutes from a 5000 3S using 15A returning 4000mAh (80%) to the pack using 11x4.7 props, less if I use 10x4.7's.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service