Arducopter 2.7.2 is now in the mission planner and in the downloads area Some positive reports on testing can be found in this discusssion by John Hanson.

Note: just as the release was going out an issue was found re support for the all Camera Gimbals on the APM1s (it doesn't work) and with 3 axis gimbals on the APM2 (2-axis works ok but not 3).  If you're one of these people, please wait for 2.7.3 which will be out shortly. 

 

UPDATE: 2.7.3 is now in the Mission Planner

 

Functional Improvements over 2.7.1:

  • Fast waypoints (Jason) - if the turn angle between two waypoint the copter is less than 60 degrees it does not slow down
  • Navigation improvements and logging including switching to filtered location for distance calculations (jason)
  • Flip improvements - more aggressive and flexible flip code based on attitude instead of timing (Jason)
  • Improved camera control - you can now control any axis (roll, tilt, pan) with any rc channel.  it probably makes most sense that you will use 6 but others are possible too.  Unfortunately these changes required we change the set-up procedure so the mission planner gimbal set-up screen needs to be modified again.  Please refer to the AC_Camera wiki page for how to manually set-up the gimbal (Amilcar)
  • Flybar acro mode for TradHeli (Robert)
  • "Fast gains" - allows strong correction of attitude using accelerometers while the quad is stationary on the ground but relies more on gyros while flying (Tridge, Jason)
  • Baro filtering improvements (Tridge)

 

Bug Fixes:

  • DMP timing fix (Randy) - the MPU6000's dmp unit was inadvertantly turned on and caused timing delays in the main loop- xbee bricking issue (Craig / Tridge)
  • Dataflash fixes (Jason)
  • Engine ticking - was a combination of roll/pitch rate D term being too high and the dmp timing fix above (Randy, Emile)
  • Faster heading correction on start-up - resolves issue with simple mode getting incorrect heading if you took off very soon after start-up (Tridge)


Code Cleanup:

  • Increased maximum number parameters (Tridge)
  • Formatting changes to code (Pat)
  • Replaced "int" with "int16_t" everywhere (Randy)


As per usual PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

There is still some question on whether the default Roll/Pitch Rate P (0.175) is high enough (it was 0.185 in 2.7.1) and also some people feel the Throttle Rate should be higher (currently 0.300 but some say 0.330 or even much higher would be better).

Please feel free to report issues you find in the discussion below and/or add them to the issues list.

Thanks and enjoy!

Views: 52719

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Depending on what you were updating from, you may see a 45sec delay while your dataflash is formatted

Here we go. Sorry for the video. Crappy 808 #16 Keychain cam after sunset gives pretty bad video. Anyways, 100% aggressive yaw spins, copter didn't drift one single millimeter. I mean it was totally nailed in place. Should be good for a fancy light show some night. lol 

This is the first time I've flown through the arches, it's never been so fricken stable that I would even dare to try. Full on pitch and roll, returns to stable without a wobble at all. Tight man. Good job guys!

Max: I don't have access to an XP machine to test, but 1.2.11 is super fast on the all my Windows 7 machines. Maybe some conflict with an outdated video driver? I'd try on another machine..

"You need to do 10 seconds of hovering in stabilize to teach it the throttle hover point. Then you'll be good."

 

Is this explained anywhere that a newbie could understand?

Might be worth recalibrating your ESCs

Just fly for ten seconds. 

My MP also went slow after upgrading to 1.2.10.  I now have a 5 sec lag on mine.  1.2.11 is the same.  I'm running Windows 7 SP1...

Can you describe that lag a bit more? It is a one-time thing on startup? On Mavlink connection? All the time? I don't see anything myself, so it would help me to point to exactly what you're seeing.

Just tried to run 1.2.11 on another XP machine and it doesn't work at all. Says something about directX, if I got it correctly.

Well, maybe it's time to move on 7.

Oh, I would like to ask then, if MP works correctly on virtual machines?

Lag is present all the time. Like on system overload. BUT when I uninstalled MP and installed again, it worked fine UNTIL i plugged APM. Then XP asked me to install arduino 2560 driver, I did. After that the lag appeared even without APM plugged. Mavlink itself seems to work. I've also tried to run 1.2.11 on my XP laptop and haven't even see GUI

Screenshot is from my laptop (sorry for Russian:-) ). Hope that helps.

My interface in MP is a bit sluggish.  Then when I connect to the APM via telemetry it connects, downloads all the parameters but then if I move my quad there is a 5sec + delay on the screen.

Then if I move between the tabs I sometimes have to click, wait and then click again for it to change tabs.  This might be a problem with my notebook as my desktop PC is also Win7 SP1 and it seems to work fine on it.  My notebook is long overdue for a format so maybe it will work fine after a fresh install...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service