Arducopter 2.8.1 is now in the mission planner and in the downloads area! Remember to do your MP configuration again after loading this code, since it erases your EEPROM and sets it to the new defaults.
Note: Issues with APM1 user's level feature not working are now resolved. If you installed 2.8 we highly recommend you upgrade to 2.8.1 as 430 extra bytes of RAM have been freed up which reduces the chance of memory corruption (although we haven't seen any cases of this on the APM2 at least) .
Note #2: this release has not gone out for Traditional Helicopters until they can be tested fully. Flip and Toy mode have also not been fully tested.
Improvements over 2.7.3:
- Improved ACRO mode (Leonard Hall)
- Improved stability patch to reduce "climb-on-yaw" problem (Leonard, Rob Lefebvre, Randy)
- Rate controller targets moved to body frames (yaw control now works properly when copter is inverted) (Leonard/Randy)
- Less bouncy Stabilize yaw control (Leonard)
- OpticalFlow sensor support for APM2.5 (Randy)
- DMP works again by adding "#define DMP_ENABLED ENABLED" to APM_Config.h You can also log DMP vs DCM to the dataflash by adding "#define SECONDARY_DMP_ENABLED ENABLED" (Randy)
- Watch dog added to shutdown motors if main loop feezes for 2 seconds (Randy)
- Thrust curve added to linearize pwm->thrust. Removes deadzone found above 90% throttle in most ESC/motors (Randy)
- More timing improvements (main loop is now tied to MPU6000s interrupt) (Randy)
- GPS NMEA bug fix (Alexey Kozin)
- Logging improvements (log I terms, dump all settings at head of dataflash log) (Jason)
Bug Fixes / Parameter changes:
- fixed skipping of last waypoint (Jason)
- resolved twitching when no GPS attached (Tridge)
- fixed loss of altitude if alt hold is engaged before first GPS lock (Randy/Jason)
- moved Roll-Pitch I terms from Stabilize controllers to Rate controllers
- TILT_COMPENSATION param tuned for TradHeli (Rob)
- HAL changes for platform portability (Pat Hickey)
- Removed INSTANT_PWM (Randy)
As per usual PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/jDrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
Please note that on this release we've moved the Roll and Pitch I terms from the Stabilize controller to the Rate controller. There's some evidence that says this can lead to flips on take-off if you move the roll or pitch sticks around as you take-off so we recommend you leave these sticks in the middle until you're in the air.
Please feel free to report issues you find in the discussion below and/or add them to the issues list.
Thanks and enjoy!
Is the .zip file all I need for Mission Planner to upload version 2.8.1?
Or do I need to go in and compile it or something?
Fascinating. Beam me up.
Please tell me how to set the RTL. Or at least tell me where are the parameters RTL_ALT, RTL_LOIT_TIME, RTL_ALT_FINAL. The first option I found, but others do not see at close range. Mission Planner 1.2.27.
Can throttle accel be activated/checked in 2.8?
later. after struggling with vibration. How do you?
Hi. Who has all of the original 3d robotics and quadrocopter. Who is stable flies lay pozhalustay file param, and that I can not adjust the quadrocopter especially pids.
Ok, 2.9 is out in the mission planner and in the downloads area. It's exactly the same code as release candidate #5.
So please join me on the 2.9 release thread!
I noticed that Arducopter v2.9-dev tri was available in the new version of the Mission Planner, so I attempted to upload it to the APM 2.5. After installing to the board, I went to the Terminal to verify if the new v2.9 firmware was indeed installed; however, the terminal still displayed Arducopter 2.8.1.
v2.9 firmware should be displayed instead of the v2.8.1 in the terminal, correct?
I took RC5 out today, I am very happy, it seems to work very well. Loiter seems to be much better. I only tied stab, loiter, and acro modes. Alt hold on loiter worked perfectly for the most part. I did have a couple times where it would drift up, to a point, and one time where it basically landed. It seems to me the throttle in alt hold (or at least loiter) for adjusting atl is a bit different than 2_8, it seems like I had to keep the stick in the middle more to hold alt, and move it less up or down to change alt. if I pushed the stick all the way up then pulled it back down a bit, it seems like it would increase alt, it felt like a bit of an delayed reaction.
I should add, it was cold, and windy, this could have been affecting it more than anything else, but still it did better in the wind than 2_8 ever did.
Oh, I did have batt failsafe on, one of my batts went low and it kicked into RTL failsafe flawlessly!!
great job guys!!