Developer

ArduCopter-3.2.1 Beta Testing

ArduCopter 3.2.1-rc2 (release candidate #2) has completed beta testing and has been released as the official version available through the mission planner and other ground stations.

Changes from AC3.2 are listed below and in the ReleaseNotes:
1) Enhancements:
    a) reduced twitch when passing Spline waypoints
    b) Faster disarm after landing in Auto, Land, RTL
    c) Pixhawk LED turns green before arming only after GPS HDOP falls below 2.3 (only in flight modes requiring GPS)
2) Safety Features:
    a) Add desired descent rate check to reduce chance of false-positive on landing check
    b) improved MPU6k health monitoring and re-configuration in case of in-flight failure
    c) Rally point distance check reduced to 300m (reduces chance of RTL to far away forgotten Rally point)
    d) auto-disarm if vehicle is landed for 15seconds even in Auto, Guided, RTL, Circle
    e) fence breach while vehicle is landed causes vehicle to disarm (previously did RTL)
3) Bug Fixes:
    a) Check flight mode even when arming from GCS (previously it was possible to arm in RTL mode if arming was initiated from GCS)
    b) Send vehicle target destination in RTL, Guided (allows GCS to show where vehicle is flying to in these modes)
    c) PosHold wind compensation fix
    d) prevent infinite loop with do-jump commands pointing at each other
    e) pixhawk memory corruption fix when connecting via USB
    f) vehicle stops at fence's alt limit in Loiter, AltHold, PosHold (as it did in AC3.1.5)
    g) protect against multiple arming messages from GCS causing gyro calibratoin failure

Thanks to Raph for the video.  This is actually a video from AC3.2 until we have one specific to AC3.2.1.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• soldered the broken motor cable flew without the GPS this time to perfect his 15mts rss, came back to put the GPS refills the compass calibration flew perfect, I need to find out what caused the fall because I was recording a show, of course q maintain a safe distance but it flies mto fast and do not want to hurt anyone

• Take off hanging 150 cm from the ground retracts the landing gear and he fell backwards coming in my direction, the engine 4 qubrou the edge of the ESC to the motor so touched the ground, made a vijem of 800kms reaching the GPS was dropped checked the wires was ok, it could have some impact damaged the compass.

• I do not know why but fell and nearly amputated finger me

TAROT X6
    Hobbywing X ROTOR 50A
    TAROT 5008 - 17X55
    PIXHAWK OVER 1000 FLIGHTS

erem help me I thank because besides the finger confidence was zero

2015-06-27 15-28-39.log

• Motor 4 went to max throttle while motor 3 went to minimum, possibly an esc/motor failure on motor 4 (rear right)??

• +1

• Can you explain more what was happens? you connect the copter and become to spin suddenly? it was armed or disarmed?

• most probably it's vibrations. but I had been very careful about vibration damping since 2013. may be because of EKF use enabled the autopilot has become more sensitive. also I did not play with althold kP when switching between AC3.1.5 and AC3.2.1. it is possible that by fine tuning althold kP the issue would be resolved. I will be flying today using AC3.2.1 and tune the althold kP using CH6 knob. would update the results. I am really enjoying being a 3DR droner. the best thing I could ever do. even launched  a low cost quadcopter  kit to help college kids.

• Randy, I do confirm that there is issue with alt hold when I switch from AC3.1.5 to AC3.2.1. The craft flies great in all modes with AC3.1.5. After loading AC3.2.1 the craft stays for a while in loiter mode but climbs with slight gust of wind. this happened with APM and as well Pixhawk. I reverted back to AC3.1.5 and the problem vanished. I understand that this has been taken care of in AC3.3 which I will try tomorrow.

• Developer

Ravi,

Sure, let's see how AC3.3 goes.  If the issue is caused by vibration then it could be better in AC3.3.  If it's caused by some other problem then it may not be resolved by AC3.3.  Thanks for testing in any case!

• I'm not shure if an issue in my radio programming or something to can change in the code.

What happens: when you try to pilot the cuad when it's set to LAND and you don't advertise it, the copter becomes crazy and crash or near.

When happens: if you have a bad compass heading, the copter switch to land but if you don't advertise  the change you try to continue flying, the copter becomes unmaniobrable and crash as some people reporting crashes I can notice that they have the same problem that I had, perhaps something in the code that indicates that if the pilot try to continue flying but not change to a non compass mode the copter continues land? or do something else better than become crazy?

Another scenario is when a silly woman forgot to desactivate the LAND switch and try to take off, the copter take off but them he do what he wants, when she looks the logs, the copter was switching to RTL and stab and trying to land; I check the PWM values and they don't change when I switch to LAND, they stay in the same value as the last mode. It's something that I can I do to say the copter to do something more inteligent than be crazy? The log is from the second scenario, I have the bad compass too but I don't find yet.

2015-04-09 16-54-27.log

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3701981221?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity