Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

Views: 305720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You need to also power the servos on PH with a BEC on the servo rail

@hattori, try recalibrating the ESCs. before you recalibrate, set endpoints of all channels on Tx to 100%

@emin, the best is you can use one of the spare channels on the Rx directly to retract servo unless you want auto retract (at certain height) use CH7 or CH8. do not use the RCOUT of pixhawk/APM.  use a Y chord for two servos.

Another experiment I'll try will be to change the INAV_TC_Z parameter to 0 to solely use the barometer to see if it was accelerometer/vibration related.

...yes I know this Ravi,thank you,but its complicated to ground everything together this way,and I am powering second stage of Pixhawk with BEC anyway....

Hi Ravi

How do your PX4 flying?

Anyway, my "PX4FMU only" spinning motors by "PX4FMU AC3_1 August 28_2013", but not perfect flight.

Recent ArduCopter3.1.5 and 3.2 give no PWM out put, even touch on PWM parameter.

I did try ArduRover also, but it looks like no PWM output.

and than this....

"Adding an external Zener is a recommendation specifically for systems that are using 5V servos and have the servo rail configured for back up power. Connect the recommended Zener diode with its polarity as indicated on the diagram. Use as short wires as possible or even better, use a standard 3 position JR servo connector with the diode legs directly inserted (and soldered) in the servo female pins. To complement the diode, it is also useful to add a capacitorin parallel to the diode. The capacitor will smooth out eventual voltage ripples. As advised for the diode, the capacitor should be connected with as short wires as possible. Do not oversize the capacitor."

http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-pixhawk-wiring-and-quick-start/

But I have servos witch can work on 5 or 6V,and since I have octa all MAIN OUTPUTS are taken and I can only connect BEC to AUX OUT

...so I did BEC to aux out 6,and servo to aux out 2,CH10(camera roll) and RC6 controll in mission planer)..I tried with 5V and 5.78V BEC(its rated 5.5V but when I measure its 5.78V) and both worked without disturbing Pix

Also my problem is my two servos have to rotate in different direction and I am not sure that is possible with y harness(parallel)

I also have Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqToEWmTVXA

if that can help somehow....

Please help,my knowledge is not enough for this..

I know I should post this question to Forum , but I need answers as soon as possible and also I hope this might be solved somehow in 3.2 bcs this is one of reported issue

https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues/1123

ah, I'm going to understand now. Although we dont have a pass through function, there's another way. Your 5A BEC with 5,5V could work, but you should check the current after this. The diode is to cut over-voltage, although somebody forgot to put in the resistor in series of supply wire.. If that incomplete z-diode should come into function, (above 5,6V) it will lead to thermal dead and short circuit. A dead zener is always getting a short circuit which will kill the BEC. So thats a good idea, if the circuit is completed by the missing resistor.

my suggested but not yet tested steps:

1. you can connect your 5A BEC to Aux6, maybe remove all red 5Volt pins of your ESC cables to avoid they're killing each other.
  2. connect servo#1 to Aux1 and in mission planner, gimbal page, set tilt to RC9 and input-Channel to 8
  3. connect servo#2 to Aux2 and in mission planner, gimbal page, set roll to RC10 and input-Channel to 8 too! click on the reverse box!
  4. disable both stabilise boxes.
  5. set your gear switch to CH8.
  6. maybe you have to play with these reverse boxes or reverse CH8 until you have correct movement.

..I thought it was recommended to suppress output voltage in general..

To cut off inductive ripple of servos you can add the diode, but use a 5V BEC, not a 5,5V or higher bcs it's dangerous if the voltage is in or over the 5,6V range.

BTW, you could use a servo signal inverter in one side of a Y chord to do the reverse job..

that's clever idea....

Signal inverter I don't have but I do have this Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller  and he is very capable of doing anything you want with servos...its just beyond my knowledge how to control it...

So ,anyway,zener diode and capacitor is a must?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service