Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

Views: 305733

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it seems to be an issue with the BARO-2 like it was on mine.

left a note on your G+, still not working in FW 3.2 RC 7 

@George Randall:

Once you have an account on droneshare, how do you upload your .log file?

Thank you in advance

I had a crash with rc6 today. I was flying in poshold and my quad just droped out of the sky like a brick. I have had about 10 really nice flights prior to this crash. How could I tell if this was the land detector bug? I am pretty new to reading logs so any direction would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9crrqtpn2eckz5z/2014-09-06%2015-00-20.log...

Henri,

Once you are logged in, if you click on your name at the top right and click on profile it will take you to the list of vehicles you have. Click on that vehicle and on that screen there is a box you can drag and drop the log file to.

I did auto tune with 3.1.5 and all went well. Landed in alt hold with auto tune switch still on and disarmed. I then turned the auto tune switch off and re-armed. It took off in a hurry to about 2 feet and flipped over right on it's back. I had a hard time getting the motors to shut off even with the throttle stick all the way down and trying to disarm. I attached the log file in case anyone can take a look and let me know what might have happened. 

Attachments:

Re calibrated  seems fine now.

Mine maintained altitude not bad it was just leaning over bad at neutral stick. 

I turned the EKF off and the loiter on my micro 250 quad is working quite well now. I've added a camera and larger battery so it's flying a bit 'soft' but I'm sure another go with the auto tune will take care of that. I tried that  yesterday but there was a bit too much wind so I'll try again today. Regardless, the micro is flying just fine with RC7 and I appreciate your help. I hope you have scheduled some time off after the release. Come on down to Australia and I'll shout you a beer. 

Some devs are already there...

If you use a telemetry RC radio like FrSky (or JR or Spektrum) be aware that having one or both 'receiver' antennas within 100mm of the side or top of a GPS module can cause desensitization because one or both antennas are transmitting as well. 

I had this issue myself with a NEO-6M until I moved them below the copter. You would assume that 2.4Ghz would not desensitize a 1.2/1.5Ghz GPS but my testing showed that it can.

Maiden report:

AC3.2 rc7, hexacopter, pixhawk,gps neo7

1) no auto tune, default pid. awesome

2) tested, stab,althold,loiter,poshold, auto awesom

3) maybe gps glitch see video 0:40 .anyone can analyse it?

attached 2 flight log. video is flight log no 1and glitch during loiter,  auto mode is flight log no 2, and also glitch during auto landing.

thanks for great project:

short video:

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service