Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

Views: 305636

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Randy, just finished my first mission with spline way-points on a big and heavy tricopter (at least for a tricopter) and here is my experience:

-- imho Mission Planning wiki page needs heavy remodeling, at least put your videos instead of the current ones and the commands wiki can go in the same place too. 

--spline way-points are GREAT!

--some visible jerking at each s.waypoint. is there a parameter to tune to decrease it? 

And here is just a general question about RC10: after each power up I have persistent "bad ahrs" message when connected to a MP. In the field, it takes me 3-4 power ups to get all pre arm checks, is there something to tune to relax this ahrs check? Thank you!  

Thanks Brit...

I know I don't have the latest ezUHF because I'm waiting for a new version of the repeater to arrive. Apparently there was a change in the PPM stream ezUHF expected so there latest firmware doesn't work with the repeater. It might have been a version back on ezUHF that allowed me to do the simultanous calibration. I'm just going to resort to manually calibrating them. Even though my radio is on, ezUHF also and Rx showing a lock and throttle sitting at 100% it still doesn't go into calibration mode. I think it could be that the ezRx is waiting for a lock with the Tx and the APM doesn't wait long enough.

Is the parameter referred to in recent posts and replies as "loiter_jerk" actually named "WPNAV_LOIT_JERK" ? Thanks.

LOITER_TURNS works only if Dir=0 and only clockwise.

Yes!

Excuse my ignorance but is this to try to remove the slight jerk at wpts transitions? I noticed mine does that but it's better now with spline wpts and 3.2. But yet it still does this a little. Would the idea be to turn that number down just to the point you see little or no jerk? 

Okay thanks for the info Rich

Hi all together,

today i was trying AC3.2 rc10 on my quad. But i finished with disapointment - quad could not fly more than 3-5 seconds.

Started OK in stab mode, GPS lock OK. But when i lifted it aprox. 50cm above ground it started to loose response - like each RC channel was still more and more supressed.  I guess it didn't happen suddenly but the loosing was graduated within time interval of 5 second. After that quad descend down and hit the ground bit hard. Fortunately not damages.

Now the questions and facts:

Whole initial procedure performed (compas, accels, RC calibrated)

Battery full loaded

I flown quad with ACM 3.1.5 with no problems - was very smooth and i was really happy with it.

Have no logs, because i compiled ACM 3.2rc10 without logging - hoped to lighten the control loop.

Now i compiled it with logs enabled, log mask set to 2046:

MASK_LOG_ATTITUDE_MED          
MASK_LOG_GPS                   
MASK_LOG_PM                    
MASK_LOG_CTUN                  
MASK_LOG_NTUN                  
MASK_LOG_RCIN                  
MASK_LOG_IMU                   
MASK_LOG_CMD                   
MASK_LOG_CURRENT               
MASK_LOG_RCOUT                 

Not sure if IMU is necessary for further analyse, but i turned in on too.
Could be the problem i'm using still APM 1.x with Arduino 2560?

That's exactly what I believe is happening too, which is why I power the ezRx first, wait for lock, then proceed.

Either way, good luck!  btw I've got some new Cinetank gains for you.. I'll post them over on the labs today.

My quad does that all the time.. then I move it away from the iMac and it goes back to normal... Maybe just where your quad was that one time was causing compass issues. 

@Randy

Regarding the broken Condition-Yaw Relative command: I've commented on Github issue 310 (https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues/1310) with my proposed correction to the code. The existing "else" control statement at line 489 of control_auto.pde is clearly wrong. Mine may be equally wrong but it should look something like that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service