Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

Views: 305491

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yesterday I tried rc10 after my last crash and everything seemed fine except some variations in altittude in alt. hold and pos. hold mode, I guess it's a baro problem, could it have been damaged from my last crash?

Here's the log in case someone can help me this time :)

Attachments:

Telemetry is logging twice, not all the time , do we need that much logging

Sort on RAD

Attachments:

Richard,

Thanks for the report.  It seems the RADIO dataflash log message is written whenever the vehicle answers a request from the ground station for the status (MAVLINK_MSG_ID_RADIO or MAVLINK_MSG_ID_RADIO_STATUS).  That's a bit inconsistent with how we write all other dataflash messages so I'm not overly happy with that but putting that aside, it means in the short-term it's likely caused by the ground station asking for both messages.  I guess you're using the Mission Planner?

Sam,

Any chance you've re-installed the mission planner from the .msi?  if "yes" then you've got an old version of the mission planner.  I think on the "Help" screen in MP there's a "check for updates" button that should hopefully get it up to a more recent version.

Dan,

There seems to be a problem with the GPS messages (or the processing of the GPS messages).  Below are two pics one that shows good GPS message timing (Column C shows the timing and all messages are 200ms apart = 0.2 seconds = 5hz).

In your log however the timing on the messages is not increasing properly at all.  Which GPS are you using and is there anything else unusual about the GPS's connection to the APM?

By the way, it looks like the GPS Glitch protection was disabled on this vehicle.  I don't think there's ever a good reason to turn it off and it would have caught the problem immediately I think and not let the vehicle take-off or switch into an autopilot mode.

Christoffer,

It would be better to increase the MOT_SPIN_ARMED parameter rather than increase the trim on the transmitter.  I think different ESCs have different sized deadbands at the bottom so the mot-spin-armed parameter can be increased or decreased so that the props spin but not too fast.

Nils,

if you can include a dataflash log file that would be good.

I had a great time running 3.2 on my Trad heli again today.  I got Follow me to work (nice). I also got POS Hold to work(I don't like it as much as loiter).  I'm posting a video of a Spline flight path.  I think I need to stretch my plans out a little.  I think the heli gets a little wound up on the tight turns.  But it's so much better than no splines.  

I'll never go back to 3.1.

http://youtu.be/RQHwxTbaKe8

Troy,

AltHold Pos P = THR_ALT_P

AltHold Rate P = THR_RATE_P

AltHold Accel P = THR_ACCEL_P

By the way, It's probably not necessary to upgrade these parameters from their AC3.1.5 values.  In all honesty, that was an unsuccessful attempt to reduce the motor pulsing that some APM2 users were seeing.  We've since added additional filtering to the alt hold rate error which we strongly suspect will fix that problem.

Thanks for the video!

Just got my new 3DR pixhawk and temp quad set up. This time I used a Futaba receiver and set up throttle fail safe [ should have done this before]. Setting up the pixhawk was easy as usual. But the new thing for me was the throttle failsafe. I was astonished to see no jump, twice, drop in altitude, or anything when I shut of my TX!!!  Absolutely incredibly smooth. It just slowly rolled over and proceeded to go back to home [ 3 meters away in my back yard ] then it lanced itself and disarmed. WOW NICE!!! It was a fresh install of beta so guess that's rc10. Unless EKF is on by default it wasn't on. Very impressed with pos hold again. Alt hold worked great too. Stabilize seemed fine.  I was using the stock 3DR ublox which I've not a had any surprises with I think I might just keep using it instead of the M8. 

Richard,

Great, thanks for the feedback.  We spent some time on AC3.2 getting rid of twitches in various places so perhaps that's what's helped.  There are still some (i.e. spline when waypoint speed is set high) but there are fewer at least.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service