Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

Views: 305788

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello

A small task
to use our experimental carrier is with pixhawk 3.2 RC12

http://youtu.be/LcixgRRB4sU

Randy,

Crash due to bug in GPS failsafe or Land mode or Geo Fence.

The log attached shows you a flight that I realized in specific conditions:

Takeoff in a valley where there was not GPS (sats 0).
=> Préarm check prevents arming the drone
=> I deactivated pre-arm check
I took off in ALT HOLD, and when the drone took height, it acquired the gps, then it moved very quickly at the max lean angle set (30 deg) against a rock wall and smashed it.

It happens that others like me want to take off from a place where there are no GPS.

To prevent this behavior to other users, you can ensure to disable following functions if the drone does not have a GPS HDOP GOOD when arming:

• Geofence
  • GPS FAILSAFE
  • RTL

Also that LAND works only in inertial mode.

And other flight modes using GPS as Loiter only work in flight if GPS HDOP GOOD is reached.

it would be interesting that you explain how GPS GLITCH react when drone take off without gps and when it acquire GPS positions in flight.

Attachments:

From what i know there is no "Position" mode anymore, it was replaced by PosHold. Position mode will be ignored totally in 3.2!

If you are on RC12 then you MUST use the Beta Mission Planner by clicking update beta in the help tab of mission planner.

At the top of your window it should say "Mission Planner 1.3.10 Build 1.1.5397.23504" or later.

The build number is important since there are multiple 1.3.10 versions, older one not having PosHold.

This is a Mission Planner issue, not APM :)

Hi there,

I have some interesting problem with pixhawk 3.2 rc12 firmware.
Everythings is ok and rock solid hovering performance on stabilize mode flying
Im changing mode to altitude hold. Everything is ok. Cool Alt Hold perfomance.
But when I try to switch back to stabilize mode, things go wrong I loose the control and I crash :(
so my problem is switching from altitude mode to stabilize mode.

What're you have reserve you're throttle when are you change back to stabilize or not?

I'm using rc12 and had a strange happening yesterday. I have the onboard video and also put up the DataFlash log on droneshare. I was in stable mode except for an RTL because of out of range and then I think it tried to do another RTL because of loss of signal but instead of climbing it lost altitude. I was too close to the ground to do much but I hurriedly switched to stable but then it was too late. Nothing damaged as it was close to the ground and my freshly cut horse grass dampened the impact :)

The only thing I can think of that might have caused it is my throttle was near minimum as I was in stable mode and descending fairly fast. When it switches to RTL, is the throttle completely ignored? I would think so but it seems because I was at about 15% throttle that it was working like PosHold. Doesn't make sense but I can't think of what else would have caused it.

Here is the droneshare DataFlash and also onboard video.

http://www.droneshare.com/mission/24010

The crash is at 7 minutes in the video. Very lucky landing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKYDznf4iBI&feature=youtube_gda...

This is one of 100s of flights without issue so I'm curious to know what caused it!

I upgraded Mission Planner, then relooked at the RC7 & 3.1.5 Quads, POSHOLD was returned. thanks for the help, i had previously used and seen POSHOLD in RC7 as well as RC 10, was suprised by it being missing on the RC7 FW. but its all good now

Yes, I have. I not only lose altitude level. I'm losing all stabilize function

Alp,

Definitely need a dataflash log file.

Hello Randy,

About my upper report, please tell me if it's miss use from my part or if my repported issue could be considered as bug.

Thanks Johnex, That cleared things up with the flight modes- Im back to POSHOLD and POSITION is no longer available.

I am still unable to download logs in the CLI with Mission Planner 1.3.10.4 build 1.1.5399.10754. Can anyone else confirm this?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service