Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

Views: 305783

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Randy,

Rebuilt my Y6B with the following changes and performed a test flight this afternoon.  So far everything seems stable as I performed Stability, Alt Hold and Loiter tests only. And NO more motors overheating!

See log attached.  Disregard my rough take off and landing.  Working in back yard and ground is not quite level and tippng is common for that location.

3DR Y6B Modified

690Kv SunnySky motors

12x45 propellers

All the rest is stock parts from 3DR

Pixhawk loaded with v3.2 rc14.

Attachments:

is this for ppm (<2k) or for sbus too? Also, on my x8r setup I use channels 1-8 on the sbus and channels 9-16 on the x8r pwm outputs (x8r bind case 4...if I am not mistaken) and on my dtfuhf setup I output channels 1-8 via ppm and the rest on the available pwm outputs. In both cases I use full taranis range 982-2006, should I be concerned even though I haven't had any problems yet(since January)? 

Hi Christian,

can you tell me the compass orientation you have you set in MP for this M8 Modul, please.

Grüße

Sven

Randy,

As you know, here are a lot of considerations for "on the water" calibration so it would be great if there were a wiki section on this. The boat should be perpendicular to the wave to minimize roll and depending on the period it may make sense to either follow the wave at it's velocity (long wave length) or hold stationary and let the waves pass under the boat. In the protected waters of the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean, the average wavelength, or distance between wave crests, is about 20 feet. In the open ocean of the western Atlantic, the average wavelength was about 400 feet. The period can be more than 40 seconds. Inland waterways are a whole different challenge depending on the boat size. 

It may make sense to have a "Boat Launch" override similar to the way simple works. I can see making a sling to suspend the copter and hand holding it like a pendulum to minimize movement. A 2 or 3 axis gimbal would be more accurate but much larger and more expensive. The first push of the safety button would do the calibration after 2 or 3 seconds to let the holder stabilize the copter and then after the copter is set down a second push would allow arming.  

What about an audible [ and LED flashing ] warning, upon trying to arm, indicating the craft thinks it's not level? So you would know there is a problem if you are in fact starting out level yet it’s complaining it’s not? I’d prefer a fix but this could at least avoid the uncertainty until there is one. I ended up arming then throttling up a bit while I hold it. It would be pretty obvious at that point if it was way off. Not a very safe or pragmatic solution though. I can see the param now,,,  Dummy_on_boat_with_$3000_Flying_electronics   1 yes 0 no ;]

Surely the answer is always "yes" :) .... And yes, the audible or led would be a good addition. Okay, okay, I can hear it now to the tune of the love boat theme. 

@Terry

Getting a boat to stay perpendicular to the waves is far more of a challenge than one might expect as many boaters will tell you. The wind and waves has its way with the boat as it sees fit more often than not. I have  had some luck with two anchors but trust me it’s not an exact science. I too have thought of the pendulum idea however ironically the boats most in need of a solution are also the ones who can ill afford the space needed for that. The best and fastest practice I found is to hold it and ‘eyeball’ parallel with the horizon whist it flashes red and blue. That alone fixes the problem about %75 of the time. It’s that other %25 that can get you though. I see your point about a 40 second interval messing with a code solution but I think that would most likely be more of an up and down movement in an ocean setting right? Not near as much of a ‘rocking’ motion that I think messes things up.

@Lior

Thanks. I have forgot about CH6 setting. It becomes OK after removing CH6 setting.

@Randy

Actually, there is very minor inconsistency of software for the handling of parameters on CH6 tuning.

But, it is very minor.

I seem to recall that FrSky have a software update to increase timing from 18ms to 27ms to help with CPPM signals with 8channels. They still recommend that all 8 channels should not be high at the same time. I did a basic test and found that keeping the max to under 2000 reduced random behaviour.

I don't have scope but I could get mode changes or strange throttle and attitude commands by maxing out more than 6 channels in different combinations. It was worse on the D8R with the 18ms code. Better once relished to 27ms. Now I just keep all of my channels under 2000

Hello everybody...
Yesterday i had a new crash with my Hexacopter.
Last month i used v3.1.5, now i´m using 3.2 rc.14 for a few days.
Everthing was great, but my copter had a bad crash, when i activated the RTL Mode and it lands into the highest tree ón the field!
Can anybody check my logfile please, i can´t found something who explain the crash :(

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2dzrrsscxnr3sgs/AABoD-WasKkvcOoTo60BsQFO...

Best regards and thanks.
Dominik

Hi. If we use SBUS, is there any problem? Or it is just with PPM?

I guess if it is working for you then don't change anything. Each setup has its own little gremlins and differences!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service