Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

Views: 305520

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry Brandon... not trying to intrude on your thread but... update. I removed the RFD900 installed 3dr radio on lowest setting. Still have -250 offsets on compass 2 aka pre-arm check,, compass not calibrated,,, warning. No matter what I do I cannot get the compasses to pass pre arm checks. :[

Which compass is compass 2? The onboard or the one inside the gps? I did look on wiki but couldn't seem to find that out. I would think the external is #2?

Generally the logs look pretty ok.  The auto log analyser doesn't turn up too much (large compass offsets but that test is a bit too strict which we are going to fix in the near-ish future).

For the wobbles on descent, I think that's likely because the rate roll/pitch gains are a little low for the frame.  That surprises me a bit because the defaults are normally already high for most frames but maybe try increasing the rate roll/pitch P from 0.150 to 0.180 and see if that helps.

For the flips during autotune, it could be because one motor is stopping.  You've done the ESC calibration of course?  I wish we had ESCs with feedback!

Thanks Randy, I've been reading the Arducopter tuning guide elsewhere here and I'm going to play with tuning manually on a rig. 

Yes, it could be an ESC sync issue. I did have a motor dropping out last week and thought I had solved it by factory defaulting the ESCs. Flights have been good since, aside from the problem described. Perhaps the rig tuning will also allow me to test the motor sync issue. I'll post the results.

Thanks again for your help!

And I'm in for the feedback-loop ESCs. Just point me to the inevitable kickstarter!

The compasses #2 is the internal one if you have an external one connected.  If there's no external compass connected then the internal one replaces the external one in the first slot.

So you're getting stuck at the pre-arm check because the offsets are larger than 500 I guess.  I think it should only be checking the primary compass (i.e. the external one in your case).

@Pomaroli,

I talked with Leonard about this last night a bit.  The changes in AutoTune since AC3.1.5 are pretty minor.  The thing you may be seeing is that we increased the range of PIDs it would get to before giving up.

We don't think autotune is completely broken, we believe many (most?) are able to use it as before.  It's just some cases where it's unable to see the characteristic little dip in the rotation rate that it's looking for.

If someone on the dev team is going to revisit it, I think it'll be Leonard.

AKcopter,

Yes, it should work with AC3.2.  AUX1 ~ AUX4 can be used for pass through from the transmitter/receiver's channel 9 ~ 12 respectively.  You can switch AUX5 and AUX6 into PWM outputs (instead of the default Relays) to get two more by increasing the BRD_PWM_COUNT from "4" to "6".

So does that mean my internal compass is seeing a high RF interference? I also see a param for a setting which sets which compass is used as the primary compass. So this should be set to #1 aka the external?

Pomaroli/Randy,

From my point of view, I feel the improvements made to the MPU6k filtering have improved what AutoTune (and the PIDs in general) can get out of a frame.  I believe there was a fix to the D term as well but don't remember?  You'd know much better than me..  

We will get a little more oscillation under fast-forward flight or high-power climbs with a vehicle that has a good AutoTune, and you can reduce your PIDs a little to compensate for that, but I believe that to be a side effect of a more properly tuned vehicle and simple lack of PID scaling.  

When Leonard finishes the PID:Throttle scaling, I think things are going to be even more amazing.

Just my two cents :)

What I noticed is that at some point after 3.2rc2, may be rc3 autotune started giving PIDs which made motors on my copters to pulsate in hover, as soon as any angle is requested pulsating stops.  no pulsation at default PIDs. 

Tried rc14 on the quad today (EKF enabled) - flew very nice. Tested Stab,PosHold, Althold & RTL, only thing worth mentioning is the landing took three bounces before it settled down. Any parameter I can modify to eliminate this? log attached

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service